Resigning

Important threats will be linked here.
Jacob HF

Re: Resigning

Post by Jacob HF » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:00 pm

If anyone knows how to reach Clint please reach out and let him know that this forum needs his attention at least briefly to select a new moderator or perhaps to consider re-platforming the site.

Also, please don't message Lauren asking her to continue moderating. She has done right by us and has good reasons for wanting to stop. We owe her enough to respect her decision.

--Jacob

Clint

Post by Clint » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:09 pm

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the late reply - I just read this...
@Lauren thank you so much for all the support!
Is anyone else interested in supporting the forum as mod? I will not have the time, so I need to find a solution... :|
Clint from Domestic-Discipline.net
How do you like the web site ? If you have any ideas or wishes for future posts, don't hold back!

Lauren

Post by Lauren » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:28 pm

My vote is for Jacob

Summer

Post by Summer » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:30 pm

Is it possible to have more than one mod to spread the load?

Lauren

Post by Lauren » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:39 pm

Krystal and I did it together for awhile.

Jacob HF

Post by Jacob HF » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:02 pm

I think there should be at least two, that way we won't be in this situation in the future.

--Jacob

Lauren

Post by Lauren » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:02 pm

Jacob,
Who would you suggest?

Jacob HF

Post by Jacob HF » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:11 pm

I don't know.

I have been very intentional about not judging people here so I haven't really been thinking in those terms.

I suppose that I would start with those who are the most active, like anyone on the first page of this list.

But it really matters who wants to do it. Those people are presumably messaging Clint.

--Jacob

Firmand

Post by Firmand » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:07 pm

Would it help to consider the creation of something akin to a shift system, which would allow, facilitate and coordinate the efforts of several suitable and willing volunteers to better share the load?

For example, given that there are168 hours in a week, and assuming that 24/7 moderation is desired, that would require say 42 four- hour shifts to be filled each week. If each suitable and approved volunteer could commit to say four "shifts" per week, then 10 volunteers could provide 24/7 moderation coverage without impacting work and family commitments too severely...if there is a willingness to forego 24/7 coverage and just manage on say moderation every other day, that would require say 21 four- hour shifts or say 14 six hour shifts to be covered each week by a manageably small team of suitable volunteers??

Given that we have dedicated members worldwide, surely the load can be shared across several time zones without too severely impacting precious family time, if those interested could decide what length of "shift" they could commit to, and how often each week? Some may be able to commit say to a few 4 hour shifts, perhaps others could give say three or four 6 hour shifts? After a little coaching and practice in how to "hand over" near end of shift to the oncoming shift, I feel that a small and dedicated team could do just fine.

Suggested actions:

1) Invite and identify suitable volunteers

2) Invite those shortlisted as suitable to identify how many hours per week they can commit to

3) Obtain consensus as to what shift length is most workable for all

4) Identify someone willing to coordinate the shift system on an occasional, as needed basis, though it is
proposed that the dedicated volunteers will not require to be "organised" much...but will step up willingly to fill
in oncoming unfilled shifts.

It all may sound a bit complex at the moment, but with a bit of organisation, team spirit and discipline we can continue to have the valuable moderation which benefits and protects us all.

Just a few initial thoughts.
Forgive my errors...and any and every good thing comes from Him whose loving Almighty hand can guide even me, through His Holy Spirit, and His Son my Saviour Jesus Christ:

"In him was life; and the life was the light of men."(John 1:4)