Help needed🙏🙏

Important threats will be linked here.
SubJas

Help needed🙏🙏

Post by SubJas » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:44 am

Hello everyone.
So I am in the dire need of discipline. You see, I have many vices but the one that is causing problem these days is my habit of lip biting. The condition of my bottom lip is very bad today. It is quite wounded and swelling has begun. But I still cannot stop. There is no one to discipline me(I'm single, always have been). Ideas for stopping this are welcomed. Please help. It's hurting 😭.
Jas

Phil04

Re: Help needed🙏🙏

Post by Phil04 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:34 am

Paint it each night with hot sauce. It will hurt like all get out. If you keep buying it, it will keep hurting. If you stop, it will stop hurting. I know it is pretty issue specific, but it would help you stop biting your lip.

Phil

SubJas

Post by SubJas » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:42 am

But won't it burn on the wounds. There are cuts on my lip🙁🥺
Jas

Lauren

Post by Lauren » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:02 pm

SubJas wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:42 am
But won't it burn on the wounds. There are cuts on my lip🙁🥺
I think that's the point. Stop bitting your lip, the cuts will heal and than if you put the hot sauce on it won't hurt. The pain is the punishment.

SubJas

Post by SubJas » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:33 pm

Hmm...Ok thanks. I will give it a shot.🥺😓
Jas

SubJas

Post by SubJas » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:21 pm

Phil04 wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:34 am
Paint it each night with hot sauce. It will hurt like all get out. If you keep buying it, it will keep hurting. If you stop, it will stop hurting. I know it is pretty issue specific, but it would help you stop biting your lip.

Phil
Owwwwww... Damnit it hurts like hell. It's burning so much. I have a very strong urge to wipe it off. 😭😭😭😭😭😭Ahhhhh
Jas

SubJas

Post by SubJas » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:39 pm

I really want to apply ice on my lip but I guess that would defeat the purpose. :cry: :oops:
Jas

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:47 pm

Do what you need to do. You have already put it on so now you have the terrible sensation that it creates. You know the feeling and you know how often you want that sensation.

At this exact moment with your lips being so sore I think you need to focus on getting them well or at least better off. I understand that lip biting is a habit and habits take time to break and sometimes do take some unpleasant measures. Unfortunately this behavior isn't going to be changed and extinguished overnight. And so there will be time for that.

First you need to figure out what you can put on it that starts the healing process. Actually a medicated lip balm like blistex is going to create a buring sensation in its self AND be trying to heal. What ever you use to heal your lips normally then put it on it. And keep it on it. If you don't have the discipline to do that set alarms to reapply as necessary. So get your lips doctored.

Then find something to curb the biting because yes this is a behavior that needs to stop. I will PM you.

SubJas

Post by SubJas » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:58 pm

Thanks Shannon. I really want to get rid of this habit. Thanks Phil and Lauren for your help.
Jas

camilaraf

Post by camilaraf » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:16 am

Hello. Perhaps you could bite something soft for an extended period of time. Like a soft clean cloth, it'll cushion your lips and act as a reminder as you slowly break the habit. All the best :)