Domestic Discipline blog: What To Do When You Don’t Agree With The HoH’s Decision

New blog posts from Domestic-Discipline.net.
blogposts

Domestic Discipline blog: What To Do When You Don’t Agree With The HoH’s Decision

Post by blogposts » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:57 am

A few weeks ago when I was brainstorming topics for this Submissive Saturday column I knew that doing one on the topic of “when submission becomes difficult” was almost a no-brainer. I feel like this is something that every single submissive wife struggles with at some point (myself included) and one that hopefully you can use as a resource to look back on during those moments when submission really does get tough. Image

Read more

TheGoodWifeLife

Re: Domestic Discipline blog: What To Do When You Don’t Agree With The HoH’s Decision

Post by TheGoodWifeLife » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:07 pm

This is SO much easier to do when it’s just the hypotheticals I’m considering. I have every intention of doing just what was suggested here, but when it gets real, I question why I ever gave him this promise to follow his lead. When (in my mind) it’s like following my husband off a cliff, I struggle so much with own survival instincts. We’ve been married for over a decade now, he’s never once thrown us all off a cliff. There are still decisions he’s made that I feel could’ve turned out better had we done things my way, but they worked out for us anyway. There are also decisions he’s made where I know darn well that had we done what I wanted to do, it likely wouldn’t have worked out as well. It comes down to TRUST. Do I trust that he will always do what he genuinely feels is best for our family? Do I trust him not to make rash decisions based solely on his own wants and needs? If he was consistently making terrible choices without any thought or care for the way it would affect our family, he would lose my trust and my desire to submit. Not once has he ever made a big decision without consulting with me. The smaller choices he’s made without me are still always made with consideration for what he feels is best for his family. My husband is so rarely, if ever selfish. So, in the toughest times of disagreement, I TRY to remind myself these things. We might not always get to do things my way, but I am beyond blessed to have married this man who has earned my trust and submission through every decision he’s made, big and small. Well, 99.9% of them at least ;)
Sassy Southern Wife & Mama & follower of Jesus

Lauren

Re: Domestic Discipline blog: What To Do When You Don’t Agree With The HoH’s Decision

Post by Lauren » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:30 pm

For me this is when I put all my trust in God!!!! I love Brandon dearly. Most of the time he makes really good decisions. But when it comes to money and finances is when I pray the hardest to God. I have a little better level head when it comes to stuff like that and we struggle badly to agree. I usually end up stressing for weeks and somehow in the end, by the Grace of God a light bulb turns on and he sees it my way. The hard part is not screaming THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING FOR WEEKS NOW!! I just have to humbly hang my head and say "That's a great plan honey." And then come vent here or to a friend! :lol:

CassLynn

Post by CassLynn » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:50 pm

I think that’s just the right thing to do and shows great character. That’s true love.

DesertRose

Post by DesertRose » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:47 pm

As long as my opinion is respected and heard, I wouldn't mind to submit to his decision... at the end of the day, this is the core of this lifestyle; it's to give the leadership to the husband and trust that he's leading to the right direction.
🌸 I want a husband who will love me enough to punish me.
DesertRose

Joshua89

Post by Joshua89 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:00 am

Very good lesson! We agreed to let them lead, sometimes it's hard, but we have to find strength in trusting our HOH
Ephesians 5:25 - Husbands love your wife just as Christ loved the church, he gave up his life for her.