Domestic Discipline blog: Spanking on the cover of newsweek

New blog posts from Domestic-Discipline.net.
blogposts

Domestic Discipline blog: Spanking on the cover of newsweek

Post by blogposts » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:20 pm

Newsweek decided to do something a little different this week. And, I have to say, I was shocked. Image

Read more

KrystalA

Re: Domestic Discipline blog: Spanking on the cover of newsweek

Post by KrystalA » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:47 am

I own the box set of 50 shades of Grey. It is the reason why Walter and I started exploring our sex life. The books and movies do an awesome job describing the dom/sub life. After watching the movies and reading the books, it helped me understand about that life style. I started craving to have that dominate hoh. If anyone has not read or watched the movies, i encourage it.

Kerry

Post by Kerry » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:42 am

I haven’t read the Newsweek. I read Fifty Shades series and saw the movies. The sex is pretty good. The love story part is pretty good. I think other parts are awkward and forced. But overall entertaining. Many years ago, a male friend of mine tried to explain my desires to me. The outside world demands too much from me so I want to give up control in my home life. Anyway, I don’t really compare 50 Shades to LDD. Christian Grey used physical punishment to release his anger and demons and used canes and cuffs for kink and pleasure. I can’t really explain why I like spanking, although I guess it is an emotional release and reconnection.
Key

NateG

Post by NateG » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:46 am

I haven't read the 50 Shades books or seen the movie. I joked that I had lived it so didn't need to see it... :lol:

That Newsweek is talking about it is somewhat shocking. But it is not surprising to me that many woman either have this type of fantasy or desire to really live at least a somewhat submissive life where they are subject to spankings and such. There are different reasons for it I suppose. I'm not surprised though because I have known so many woman that have wanted to be spanked or readily agreed to being spanked throughout my life...starting at age 17 when I gave my first spanking to a girlfriend.

The Gloria Steinem ideal of a feminist (mostly man-hating) John Wayne type Super Woman who can have it all and be IT all just doesn't work for most woman. There are always exceptions of course. But I think many women have come to realize that it's nice to have a man who loves them and takes care of them and can strictly guide them when needed. Just in observing people in life, I see woman respect the strong man who knows his mind, leads and takes charge of his family. They are respected by the woman in their lives. I wish I would have been more of a leader and a stronger figure throughout our marriage and while raising 5 girls. I know better now and do better.

Busylady6

Post by Busylady6 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:59 pm

I read the Anne Rice Beauty Series years ago at my HOB’s direction
I read 50 shades but it is not nearly as raw as the beauty series (if you are seeking it, it is written by her original name Roquelaure) it is really intense so not for the faint of heart
Hi am grateful for the introduction and the books are well written sometimes graphic

I think it is amazing that 50 shades has been able to bring some awareness to the dominant culture and hopefully it will reduce negative stigma so I don’t have to worry about my HOH getting in trouble

Stay safe everyone
Much Love 💕
Busy

Miras

Post by Miras » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:45 am

NateG wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:46 am
I haven't read the 50 Shades books or seen the movie. I joked that I had lived it so didn't need to see it... :lol:

That Newsweek is talking about it is somewhat shocking. But it is not surprising to me that many woman either have this type of fantasy or desire to really live at least a somewhat submissive life where they are subject to spankings and such. There are different reasons for it I suppose. I'm not surprised though because I have known so many woman that have wanted to be spanked or readily agreed to being spanked throughout my life...starting at age 17 when I gave my first spanking to a girlfriend.
Being kinda professionally deformed part time literary critic, I couldn´t stand book´s arguably bland writing style.
Ironically, I think I stopped around the time kinky parts actually started...And yes, one of the reasons (but definitely no the main one) I couldn´t get it seriously was it being reworked Twilight fanfiction.

Soon, however, I might be on a true holy mission, reviewing Sunstone.
Occasionally friendly Spencerist guy
Faktor IV of MdI - Maghan
Unofficial member of The Wicked Tribe
Putting DD back into BuDDhism