DD and History of Child Abuse

New blog posts from Domestic-Discipline.net.
Award01

DD and History of Child Abuse

Post by Award01 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:34 am

Hey guys,
I hope everyone is having a great day. I've been thinking lately about this subject and I wanted to get your thoughts. Clearly from the title I was abused as a kid by my father until I turned 14 years old. I also witnessed a lot of violence on my sister and sometimes my mother. I've always been attracted to spanking, I never knew why and honestly I still don't. I didn't look forward to being spanked and at times severely whipped but for some odd reason here I was having interest in the subject. I got married at 19 to a nice man that I trusted and told him about the past abuse and he was obviously very caring about it. Anyway, I have had a problem with respecting him and being submissive our whole marriage really. We both want that to change. So I did research and found out about DD. I presented him with this idea and after a little thinking he agreed to do this. My question is, are there any women in this community that has a similar background as myself but has still experienced positive changes in her relationship with her husband (HoH) since practicing DD? I know this is a very personal topic and if you don't feel comfortable talking about it I do understand. I appreciate any feedback.

Daninygirl

Re: DD and History of Child Abuse

Post by Daninygirl » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:05 am

That must have been incredibly scary to experience as a child. I did not grow up in an abusive home and I can only imagine what you went through. I have done extensive research on all things domestic (I am a social worker by trade) in addition to living a DD lifestyle and my humble opinion on this topic is that while you did not have ANY control/choice in the matter while you were a child that you are now a consenting adult. Consent and choice are empowering in and of themselves. I do feel as though DD could work for you now! I would encourage you though if you have not addressed the past to consider seeking some professional support.

Award01

Post by Award01 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:16 am

Thank you so much Daninygirl! Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. I've gone through counseling in the past but have never really stuck with it because of the cost and I do start to back out because it's very difficult to talk about specific things that happened to me or that I witnessed. I can talk to my husband about it but still feel embarrassed even though I shouldn't, he's very sweet. I also have a close friend who I've shared things with only because she has a similar background and we both understand the feeling. I've never told her or anyone about my interest in DD and spanking though. We are keeping that part of our marriage private.

Daninygirl

Post by Daninygirl » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:51 pm

I understand, some things are for sure difficult to discuss. It sounds like your husband is great and having supportive friends is helpful too. I don’t blame you for keeping DD private! Best wishes on your continued journey <3