Practicing DD in a family home

Mr_Nic

Practicing DD in a family home

Post by Mr_Nic » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:57 pm

Hello everyone,

I was wondering how couples cope with practicing DD when there are children in the home, especially during this time of COVID with less time when the kids are out of the house. My wife and I are not practicing right now, and one of the main reasons is I’m uncomfortable with the lack of privacy from our younger family members. We have a relatively small home. I’d be grateful for any advice or ideas.

Thanks

Nic
Here to learn and grow

Lauren

Re: Practicing DD in a family home

Post by Lauren » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:12 pm

Do you have a walk in closet in your bedroom? Those work great and are mainly sound proof. Otherwise there is always after bedtime.

Mr_Nic

Post by Mr_Nic » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:59 pm

Thanks Lauren! We do have a walk in closet, that’s a great idea. I’ll suggest giving that a go. Our youngster is a very light sleeper so we’d been worried after bedtime wouldn’t be that effective. I wondered if there are any implements that are pretty quiet? We have traditional just used hand or paddle, both of which seem quite loud.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Nic
Here to learn and grow

junebug2005

Post by junebug2005 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:28 pm

A rubber ruler or silicone spatula are both pretty quiet and not as harsh as the usual quiet implements - cane, loopy, etc.
June Bug
happy to love and obey my husband

Larry

Post by Larry » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:59 pm

Small crop is quiet

Olivia

Post by Olivia » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:31 pm

If you have a functional attic or basement that might give you a bit more privacy... my husband uses a bamboo stick when he is keeping it quiet :?

Larry

Post by Larry » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:46 pm

We just purchased a small 14 inch tawse. It’s very effective and quiet as well

MrX

Post by MrX » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:19 pm

Well, this is definitely a topic where I have some expertise to share - we have quite a few kids, ranging from diapers to drivers licenses, and we homeschool - so doing DD with kids around is just something we've had to figure out.

Our current house is a large ranch-style house (sprawling one story with multiple "wings") so that's made it almost too easy because the master suite is very secluded. Once the kids are in bed, I can discipline with no worries of them overhearing. But prior houses were more traditional in their layout, so I've had to figure out how to make it work.

Quiet implements are definitely helpful - switches, wooden spoons, etc. There also are various implements made for drummers to play quietly, and they are VERY effective for quiet discipline as well. (See https://www.amazon.com/Vater-VWHP-Stick ... 0002F56MA/ and https://www.amazon.com/ProMark-T-RODS-P ... 001SEQQE6/ as examples).

And when a longer (and louder) punishment was called for, I'd just tell the kids to go play outside for a while.

Bratastic

Post by Bratastic » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:08 pm

We go for a ride and do all spanking in the car due to adult kids in the home. That may not be an option as your kids are young?
Brat xo
Transformation isn't sweet and bright. It's a dark and murky, painful pushing. An unraveling of the untruths you've carried in your body. A practice in facing your own created demons. A complete uprooting before becoming.
~Victoria Erickson

Paul_PWE

Post by Paul_PWE » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:24 pm

That's a really interesting topic.

It might work if the house has a basement with separation, or even an outside shed. I do think it's important though that the kids know that their mother is corrected by their father to reinforce hierarchy roles but they should never know the details or presence any of it. That is so there's a structure where Dad leads, mom answers to dad and the kids answer to both in the order that the final word is always that of the HoH.