Do/Would You Hide Your DD Lifestyle From Your Kids?

Spanking and Domestic Discipline
DesertRose

Do/Would You Hide Your DD Lifestyle From Your Kids?

Post by DesertRose » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:21 pm

Hello,

I have always wondered about that. Those of you who have kids ..
  • Do you give/receive spankings in front of your kids?
  • If not, do they know about it?
  • How do you hide it from them?
🌹 I want a husband who will love me enough to punish me.
DesertRose

Lauren

Re: Do/Would You Hide Your DD Lifestyle From Your Kids?

Post by Lauren » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:59 pm

At this point we do not tell our children. We have a 5 year old daughter and an almost 2 year old daughter. Neither one of them is able to comprehend the concept yet.

In the future, as teenagers, we will be bringing up virtues, exceptions, gender roles and good qualities in a partner. If our children hear what goes on between their father and I then we will explain everything to them. We don't "hide" anything. It's not a good way to have a relationship with your children.

For right now we do all spankings during our youngest nap time and put a movie on for the older one. Or we do it after both of them are in bed for the night.

femalefirefighter

Post by femalefirefighter » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:05 pm

Our kiddos do not know. They know daddy is hoh and will put his foot down when needed on anything. We have not been practicing CDD but for a couple of months and before that I had taken over control, so it’s new for them to have daddy as they put it “get on to mama”. They thought it was funny that DH would say something to me about my choice of words used and if I got upset and let one or two slip they would “oooo mama said a bad word, hey you can’t say that, daddy mama just said .......”. It got to point I was getting extremely angry and would go off because all they were doing were being little smartbutts!! They are 13 & 12 both boys. So they were doing it just to make me angry and think they were in charge over me and that was quickly stopped!! If they do anything like the above, they lose all their electronics until they can show respect to me and earn them back!!

Now, DH has smacked my bottom before in front of the boys, but not spanked me in front of them. If I’m being argumentative he’ll smack my bottom one time and that’s no big deal to the boys. If I have earned a punishment spanking, we do it after they are asleep and we either do it in our walk-in closet or close their doors and ours and have tv on and do it just in our bedroom. We have done it in my large sequoia since it has three rows of seats it’s very easy to do, but with all the horrible humidity, it’s too miserable so we’ve only done that a few times.

FFF👩🏻‍🚒
I’m a sassy, strong, intelligent, and at times stubborn, fun loving proud southern wife, mama and Firefighter 👩🏻‍🚒. Married to a wonderful, intelligent, strong, fun loving southern man!! Proud Southern by birth, and saved by the grace of God!!

DesertRose

Post by DesertRose » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:17 pm

Both of your answers are very interesting to me. I do not believe in spanking children.. so there should be a away to hide spankings from them, but the reason I asked the question is how to do it? and it seems that there are many ways to keep it hush hush.
DesertRose

Joshua89

Post by Joshua89 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:44 pm

My HOH always has "our conversation" after bedtime. She turns the TV down in the man cave and sits for lecturing, sends me to the corner, and when I hear the TV volume go way back up I know I'm about to get it 😭

Im sure they can tell that our home is more structured, but we never talk about our business in front of them, other than small talk about chores needing to be completed.
Ephesians 5:25 - Husbands love your wife just as Christ loved the church, he gave up his life for her.

robertforschool

Post by robertforschool » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:23 am

We have 3 girls, 11, 10 and 8 and would never let them know our DD relatonship.
If I have to be dealt with Kerinda des it after they are in thier rooms in the evening, thier rooms are quite seperate from the main living rooms or when they are away at school (they board) or at thier grandparents.,
Kerinda would not dream of using Corporal Punishment on them.
Thats she reserves for me.
Robert

NateG

Post by NateG » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:09 am

As a somewhat older person... barely into my 50s...I am still surprised that so many people still don't spank their kids. We did some, but my biggest mistake as a parent was not doing it enough. I was too lenient. In my opinion, as I look back on how things could have been better, I know I should have been tougher. Especially in the teen years when they need it the most. Grounding is just punishing yourself.... often.

My children are all over 21 and doing well and all. We have a close relationship, ..but I see where some stricter corporal punishment would have done them good.

I grew up when most kids were still spanked for bad behavior and it wasn't a secret. School paddlings were not common but not rare, for boys and girls. Especially when I got to High School, the paddle was usually on a desk or wall waiting to be used. As a Junior in HS, I thought it was a mistake to stop corporal punishment in schools. I think I was right.

I flat out don't believe any of the nonsense studies that say spanking a kid is going to turn them into an axe murderer or wherever claptrap they are spouting. Let's look at how many billions were spanked over the last 5000 years all over the world and led good, productive lives?? My life experience and world history proves the anti spanking crowd wrong.

And as you all know, a spanking is different from physical beating and abuse, so they can't go there as an argument either.

I'm glad I was spanked growing up. I was afraid of it as kid and as a teen and it kept me from doing a lot of the things my classmates got into serious trouble for doing.. including getting killed.

I know this isn't the forum for this topic, and I don't want it to be. But I am just always surprised that people who know first hand how well spankings work, don't want that benefit for their children. It works the same. But I get it... the last 40 years we've been pummeled with how evil we are if we are strict or don't coddle our children. So, I understand. But it's evident, plainly, that there is not enough spanking going on in homes and parents are afraid to parent. I had the same problem.

Again, I'm not suggesting that any of you are not great parents. I'm sure you are. I'm just a little surprised that so many are against spanking. It works in most cases.

Nate

DesertRose

Post by DesertRose » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:29 am

NateG wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:09 am
As a somewhat older person... barely into my 50s...I am still surprised that so many people still don't spank their kids. We did some, but my biggest mistake as a parent was not doing it enough. I was too lenient. In my opinion, as I look back on how things could have been better, I know I should have been tougher. Especially in the teen years when they need it the most. Grounding is just punishing yourself.... often.

My children are all over 21 and doing well and all. We have a close relationship, ..but I see where some stricter corporal punishment would have done them good.

I grew up when most kids were still spanked for bad behavior and it wasn't a secret. School paddlings were not common but not rare, for boys and girls. Especially when I got to High School, the paddle was usually on a desk or wall waiting to be used. As a Junior in HS, I thought it was a mistake to stop corporal punishment in schools. I think I was right.

I flat out don't believe any of the nonsense studies that say spanking a kid is going to turn them into an axe murderer or wherever claptrap they are spouting. Let's look at how many billions were spanked over the last 5000 years all over the world and led good, productive lives?? My life experience and world history proves the anti spanking crowd wrong.

And as you all know, a spanking is different from physical beating and abuse, so they can't go there as an argument either.

I'm glad I was spanked growing up. I was afraid of it as kid and as a teen and it kept me from doing a lot of the things my classmates got into serious trouble for doing.. including getting killed.

I know this isn't the forum for this topic, and I don't want it to be. But I am just always surprised that people who know first hand how well spankings work, don't want that benefit for their children. It works the same. But I get it... the last 40 years we've been pummeled with how evil we are if we are strict or don't coddle our children. So, I understand. But it's evident, plainly, that there is not enough spanking going on in homes and parents are afraid to parent. I had the same problem.

Again, I'm not suggesting that any of you are not great parents. I'm sure you are. I'm just a little surprised that so many are against spanking. It works in most cases.

Nate
Thank you for this good insight. You are probably right. I wasn't spanked growing up, so I cannot really give a firm opinion on this topic, I think it also depends on why and how a parent would spank their child, which is obviously different than adult spanking I believe.

For myself, I'm not sure if I will be able to spank my children, but if my husband decided to do so, I won't try to stop him.

I would like to know your opinion regarding spanking a wife in front of kids? or should they know they their mother is spanked?
DesertRose

femalefirefighter

Post by femalefirefighter » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:54 am

NateG wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:09 am

Nate
100% agree Nate!! I guess in the south corporal punishment is normal and I’m glad it is!! I was spanked a couple of times as a child and I have absolutely NO problems at all from it!! I think it’s crazy that people scream abuse if you discipline your own child!! There is major difference between spankings and abuse. Almost everyone in the south spanks their kiddos if\when needed and you can definitely tell which children are not\have not been spanked!! Also, I’m an Army brat so, at times I’m like a boot camp sergeant, unfortunately not often enough though!!

FFF👩🏻‍🚒
I’m a sassy, strong, intelligent, and at times stubborn, fun loving proud southern wife, mama and Firefighter 👩🏻‍🚒. Married to a wonderful, intelligent, strong, fun loving southern man!! Proud Southern by birth, and saved by the grace of God!!

NateG

Post by NateG » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:23 pm

Thanks for the support FFF. I agree also, you can usually spot the kids who are not spanked. Sadly.

Yes, the South still is more apt to dish out old fashioned discipline. I'm glad.

Nate