Rest stops and attitude...

Spanking and Domestic Discipline
Joshua89

Re: Rest stops and attitude...

Post by Joshua89 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:11 am

Do you think you would have required a "second rest stop spanking" if he had fully punished you to tears the first time?

This is a good example of why an incomplete punishment is just as bad as going unpunished altogether. Do it right the first time and save yourself from more inconvenience in the future.

Goldilocks wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:14 am
Well...I recieved my first public spanking. We went on a short 3 day vacation to visit friends. On our way there, I was frustrated with running late, trying to get ready, and getting the kids ready to drop off at their grandparents. Once we were alone in the van and officially on the road, my frustration turned into attitude.
30 minutes later, he finally had enough. He pulled over at a rest stop, got out the paddle (which he tucked away in his suitcase along with almost every implement we own.) Pulled into a parking space, made plenty of room in the back of the van and spanked me 20 times.
I was quiet for a little bit after that, but we had 4 hours left to go...I still had a chip on my shoulder. One hour away from destination, and I found myself at an empty parking lot, in the back of the van, getting the paddle till I was crying and very remorseful. I was a very good girl for the last hour of the trip. The paddle came out one more time at our friend's house an hour after we got there. But after that, it was a terrific mini vacation with wonderful friends.
Ephesians 5:25 - Husbands love your wife just as Christ loved the church, he gave up his life for her.

Nikki

Post by Nikki » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:13 am

This is an important point in using corporeal punishment to help us grow. I'm a living example. Before I met my husband, a guy I dated also disciplined me. But he usually didn't give me thorough spankings where I got to achieve deep remorse. His spankings controlled my behavior for the time and made me respect him, but I never face my issues in depth, and grew to knew I could take what was coming. So, I repeated bad behavior and stayed a bit of a brat. My husband knew that about me, and one of the first times he spanked me he told me that he knows I think he goes beyond what was necessary but that it was necessary so he doesn't have to keep correcting me. I responded saying that I don't need more to change, but he insisted I did. And it made a world of difference. I am so much more centered than before and a much better partner.
Joshua89 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:11 am
Do you think you would have required a "second rest stop spanking" if he had fully punished you to tears the first time?

This is a good example of why an incomplete punishment is just as bad as going unpunished altogether. Do it right the first time and save yourself from more inconvenience in the future.

Joshua89

Post by Joshua89 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:44 am

I've been in the same position before. A decent spanking would help me for a week or two, with respect chores etc but an actual punishment spanking will correct actions for months maybe even years with some subjects.

I can see that it is not easy for an HOH to administer a serious spanking, but once they see the benefits hopefully it will come naturally

Nikki wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:13 am
This is an important point in using corporeal punishment to help us grow. I'm a living example. Before I met my husband, a guy I dated also disciplined me. But he usually didn't give me thorough spankings where I got to achieve deep remorse. His spankings controlled my behavior for the time and made me respect him, but I never face my issues in depth, and grew to knew I could take what was coming. So, I repeated bad behavior and stayed a bit of a brat. My husband knew that about me, and one of the first times he spanked me he told me that he knows I think he goes beyond what was necessary but that it was necessary so he doesn't have to keep correcting me. I responded saying that I don't need more to change, but he insisted I did. And it made a world of difference. I am so much more centered than before and a much better partner.
Joshua89 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:11 am

Ephesians 5:25 - Husbands love your wife just as Christ loved the church, he gave up his life for her.

TerriA

Post by TerriA » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:48 pm

There are two things in this thread that I wanted to offer thoughts on.

1. The initial issue of public discipline.
2. The need for the HoH to be as firm as needed.

I wasn't a stranger to public discipline when I met Liam. I once took a motorcycle road trip. There was one other girl. Neither of us had bikes. We were passengers. Neither of us was naive. We knew that this trip included random sex. Anyway, once at a town she and I took off shopping, got drinks together, and like ditzes, lost all track of time. In the end the guys were looking for us and caught up with as we were running to get the original meeting place. We made everyone late and caused us to have to spend another night in the same place. When we got to the motel it was dark the guys turned into a park behind it and right there took a belt to both of us. We were bent over the bikes with our pants off. I tell you, we fully obeyed the rest of the trip.

However, that and other instances only changed the behavior for the time.

Once at Sunday football Liam tried to stop my mouth from running and being bratty and I just wouldn't. I was on a run. He pulled me into another room and took me across his knee right. Friends of ours saw it all, girls and guys. They saw me helpless and being lectured and being spanked, me crying until I exhausted myself, me apologizing on my knees afterward. Once even while this girl Jessie was at the door watching, Liam asked her, "Jessie, what did you think of her behavior? Do you haveanything to say?' I couldn't see her bent over his knee with my hair falling around my face and my vision already blurred with tears, but I could tell in her voice she was upset. She said, "Honey I'm sorry, but you were aweful. You just have to listen better. I'm sorry, sweetie, but you brought this on yourself. After I went out they all knew. I apologized in front of everyone. A couple of the girls took me aside to comfort me. I did realize how my behavior needed to change though.

I think guys need to be rid of conditioning as well. Even those who want an obedient wife shy away from hitting a woman. When the Bible says, "Wives, submit to your husband", "submit" is a verb. We are supposed to willingly submit, not just be forced into it. We're supposed to change our thinking to allow us to submit. That is the feeling of bliss that comes from removing the ego. However, to get there our erratic emotional natures and that we tend to act on emotions need correction. The guys have to understand they are helping us, not just hurtng us. This is the way we get there.

Joshua89

Post by Joshua89 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:11 pm

wow! thank you Terri. that last paragraph is key!!!!

"submit" is a verb. We are supposed to willingly submit, not just be forced into it. We're supposed to change our thinking to allow us to submit. That is the feeling of bliss that comes from removing the ego. However, to get there our erratic emotional natures and that we tend to act on emotions need correction. The HOHs have to understand they are helping us, not just hurtng us. This is the way we get there."