Point of Maintenance Spanking- Are they unfair?

Spanking and Domestic Discipline
Charlotte

Re: Point of Maintenance Spanking- Are they unfair?

Post by Charlotte » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:34 am

leenicolelinn wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:34 am
They should be lighter than punishment. That is the point to teach you something and prevent a full on punishment. Is there an end point to these maintenance spankings?
[/quote

Hm ok thanks for your answer! What do mean with end point?

Charlotte

Post by Charlotte » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:38 am

Summer wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:06 am
I would have a difficult time with maintenance spankings that are just as severe as punishment spankings. For me it would defeat the purpose as I’d want them to prevent me misbehaving and earning a more severe punishment spanking, as mentioned previously. I actually like the idea of maintenance and reminder spankings, but what you’re describing would cause me some distress, I think. I’m inexperienced, so take that for what it’s worth.

Sounds like your HOH might benefit from the knowledgeable people here. It would be great if he would join the forum.
Thanks for the answer! So its not just me who finds it a bit weird ☺️. I actually didn't know that maintenance spanking aren't supposed to be as strict as punishment spankings. Him joining the forum might be a good idea! (His ego won't like that 😂)
Have a nice day!
Charlotte

leenicolelinn

Post by leenicolelinn » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:02 pm

End Point. Does he have a goal for you to accomplish as a end point? When will the maintenance end?
Learning sweet submission and respect through my Heavenly Father and my HOH Husband.

Charlotte

Post by Charlotte » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:41 pm

No i don't think so. At least he didn't mentioned it.
He wants it to become a habit without an ending.

Larry

Post by Larry » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:39 am

I’m spanked the first Sunday of the month for maintenance. It’s hard enough to make me not want a punishment spanking

subwife_plumprump

Post by subwife_plumprump » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:21 am

In our home, maintenance is usually not as hard, unless I have acted up (but no badly enough for a regular punishment spanking). Either way, though, hubby paddles my behind
with a firmness I am coming to realize is needed. :roll:
- J.

My HOH does not tolerate disrespect. Lovingly ❤️submitting...as he keeps this smart mouth in check & plump bottom 😩😭 sore from paddling.

SomewhatDefiant

Post by SomewhatDefiant » Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:43 am

Maintenance for us has been kinda all over the place in our years together. We’ve gone through periods where it’s a daily thing, periods where it’s weekly or even monthly, and times like now where it’s just kinda random and out of the blue. Mostly there isn’t a huge difference between maintenance and punishment spankings. I think he does a different number of swats per side before swapping sides, but that’s about the only thing I can think of. Sometimes maintenance is actually worse than punishment in terms of duration or pain level. It all seems to just kinda vary with what’s going on and where we’re currently at in our relationship/dynamic.

That being said, I don’t think that’s particularly ideal. Half the time when he’s spanking me, I don’t know if it’s because he wants me to feel loved, he thinks I need it to curb brattiness or something, or if I’ve actually done something that he’s genuinely upset about. He’s done discipline sessions where he’s taken the time to explain why I’m getting spanked, but other than those times, I have to just assume I’ve provoked him or been a problem. Perhaps more of a difference between maintenance and punishment would make that more clear. I don’t know.

I don’t know if the pain levels have to be different necessarily. When he’s upset because I’ve disobeyed or been disrespectful or something...the extra weight of that makes the spanking worse even when it’s short or not very painful, especially if I feel some level of remorse. Those feel like I’m being a burden to him and that, more than the pain, makes me not want to be there again.

In an ideal world, I think maintenance is a great tool. I think that whatever frequency you pick, it should be regular - something you can count on to a certain extent. That’s not to say that I think the level needs to be (or even should be) always the same, but maybe they should emotionally feel the same or at least feel like they have a common purpose/goal. I think punishment should be clear and distinct. I think you should feel punished, whatever form that needs to take. I don’t think maintenance should make you feel punished.

Starry

Post by Starry » Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:53 am

We have maintenance Friday nights. Although that spanking is pretty hard - we go until I'm crying and often beyond - it's not nearly as bad as punishment, which includes other pieces that I really don't like and are definitely a deterrent to breaking rules. It's meant to be a time to connect and affirm our roles and goals, and is generally positive for both of us.

I'd be pretty upset if I was getting essentially a regular punishment for no reason. Maintenance is to remind us why we're doing this and make any changes we need to make. It's a time to connect. Punishment is more about self-reflection and teaching. We reconnect at the end, but that's to bring us back up to normal.