Can anyone explain the differences please

Spanking and Domestic Discipline
Welshgirl

Can anyone explain the differences please

Post by Welshgirl » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:25 pm

Hi,
Just a little background, I am perhaps a little older than many on here and was brought up in a very traditional household where my Father was, what is now called HoH, but then was just Father.
I see myself as a natural submissive, and my man as HoH, it’s the way I was brought up and the way I have lived my life.
I was married for almost 30 years before my husband was killed in a car accident. We had a good, solid marriage although I had to work throughout as we needed the extra wage we still split everything the traditional way. He did spank me but it was rare.
I have not made much effort to find a new man until I retired at the end of 2019 and then struggled to find any man who had the strength and fortitude to take on a traditional wife. Oh a lot liked the sound of a submissive but none wanted the responsibility. Finally out of the blue I think I have found my future, when we get married I will promise to love, honour and obey him.
But, and here’s the question, he wants a much more spanking relationship, what he calls CDD. I am trying to work out the difference it will make. From a traditional marriage with spanking discipline to CDD or even DD.
Just what are the differences and what can I expect.
I have reached out to several on here who have suggested putting out this as a topic.
I know there will be initially spankings as I have become to independent and bossy after being solo for so long but what else should I be aware off please.
Feel very naive even asking this questions so be gentle with me.

Joan a welsh valleys girl (old)
Last edited by Welshgirl on Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lauren

Re: Can anyone explain the differences please

Post by Lauren » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:44 pm

Welshgirl wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:25 pm
But, and here’s the question, he wants a much more spanking relationship, what he calls CDD.
I am kind of confused I guess. What does he mean a much more spanking relationship? Have you asked him? I would also ask him what his definition of CDD is. On this forum and I do believe the standard definition of CDD world wide is the exact same as DD but focused around Christ.

Welshgirl

Post by Welshgirl » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:33 pm

Thank you Lauren.
Joan

Pink cheeks

Post by Pink cheeks » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:28 pm

I think the differences vary from couple to couple. This dynamic seems to evolve differently for all of us. I have found talking about what works and what compromise we each accept become the foundation and from there it grows and evolves. Think about what your want, he needs to think about what he wants. Talk about it, agree to agree or agree to compromises.

Finding your way is the journey of life. Good luck to you

Olivia

Post by Olivia » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:44 pm

Welcome!!!
I agree that'll it'll be really important to talk this all out with him.... Each family runs a bit differently, even if they're using the same tool box, so you'll want to work with your partner to build your home, what are going to be your priorities, what's acceptable and not, consequences- all that good stuff
I have the same understanding as Lauren, that the difference between Christian domestic discipline and domestic discipline is a focus on the bible with cdd- I'd say from what I can see, the difference between dd and a traditional marriage would be the communication and partnership.... yes, in dd you have expectations and consequences but ones that you came up with together... often times the submissive has goals that the hoh will help hold her accountable for so they're very much in it together
Hopefully that's helpful, I'm not sure lol! Good luck with it all!

NateG

Post by NateG » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:52 pm

Lauren is right. It is basically the same thing, but CDD is based around Christ and Christian living.

Nate

leenicolelinn

Post by leenicolelinn » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:27 am

Welcome
I am sorry about your husband.
Every household is different. Talk about it with him and what his expectations are going to be after marriage. You don't have to put your marriage in any category. You all do what is best for you. Since you have been married and are "seasoned"😊 you understand that over time dynamics change in marriage, some things work some things stop working.......The best thing to do is talk and talk and talk, understand what each other wants out of your marriage.

Couple already said that difference between CDD and DD is that the marriage is a Christian marriage. The roles of husband and wife are described in the Bible. We try to live within those roles. Sometimes simple but not easy which is why we have a Saviour! 😀

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Nic
Learning sweet submission and respect through my Heavenly Father and my HOH Husband.

Welshgirl

Post by Welshgirl » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:04 am

Many thanks to all.
I think I understand the difference now between CDD and DD.
My Traditional marriage was based on Christian basics and HOH expectations.
I can only assume this marriage will be based on the same basics and expectations.
Thanks everyone,
Joan