A Poem for the Christians Among Us

Spanking and Domestic Discipline
Firmand

Re: A Poem for the Christians Among Us

Post by Firmand » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:01 am

Beautiful, Bill W and thanks for sharing, it spoke to me powerfully of the deep spiritual intimacy of reconciliation, the peace which passes all understanding, and above all the great and Eternal love of the Master who gave His life that we might live in joy and freedom, and that eternally if we will but obey.

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." (23rd Psalm).

The prophets and ancients knew a thing or two.
Forgive my errors...and any and every good thing comes from Him whose loving Almighty hand can guide even me, through His Holy Spirit, and His Son my Saviour Jesus Christ:

"In him was life; and the life was the light of men."(John 1:4)

BillW

Post by BillW » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:11 pm

AWE

I've been pondering your response (for which I thank you. It is appreciated). What it brings to mind is the parable of the man with two sons. He told them both to go work in his field the next day. The first one said he would. But when it came time to, he blew it off. The second one told him, "No." But when the next day came, he went and worked. So which one was faithful ? The one who claimed to be but only gave his father lip service ? Or the one who DID his father's will, without making any kind of claim about it ?

In my eyes (if in no on else's), you're a true Christian after all, no matter how you see yourself. 😊

AWE_1993

Post by AWE_1993 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:50 am

Thanks for your kindness BillW. 😊

The parable is really interesting in the sense of interpreting how people act and mouth their actions. To me what is right is right regardless of religion, but it is really nice to hear that you see me as an equal in soul no matter what my beliefs or words are.

BillW

Post by BillW » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:40 pm

Of course I do, AWE! You exactly fit the pattern (including, as I see it, being allergic to bullsh*t, which is part of it).

Jeremiah 31:31 "The days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah . . .
:33 "This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel after that time," declares the LORD. "I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people."

It all fits, in my view.

FWIW.