New to DD (maybe)

Spanking and Domestic Discipline
Lrng2submit

New to DD (maybe)

Post by Lrng2submit » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:16 pm

I’ve spent a lot of time and energy reading and researching everything that I can find about DD (everything that is real and not fairytale kink). I think I would like to broach the topic of DD with my husband of 15yrs. I was raised by a single mom who obviously controlled every aspect of the house and child raising so that’s how I try to be. I know I unintentionally undermine my husband or show disrespect and it is definitely causing strife in our marriage. I’ve mentioned to him before that I don’t want to be this way but I can’t seem to make the change permanently. After my research it seems like a viable solution. After all children receive consequences and punishment for unwanted behavior and they learn to curb it why wouldn’t it work in a marriage. So, with all that being said any tips, suggestions, etc...

Goldilocks

Re: New to DD (maybe)

Post by Goldilocks » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:10 am

Hello! And welcome! Is your husband interested or is this something you are looking up on your own for the moment?
Loving submissive wife to PapaBear.

afbt94

Post by afbt94 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:25 am

I would recommend reading a lot on the topic to get a clear idea of what you would want and showing him articles, posts etc that best illustrate what you are looking for. It's often easier than just a conversation and might help him understand it better. Maybe put the focus on how you see it as a way to help you with some changes you've been trying to make for a long time, rather than just the "rules and consequences" approach which he might be initially reluctant about.

I think the most important thing with getting started is taking it slow, not rushing in to incorporate all the things you read up about, but instead take it one thing at a time and make sure you're both fully comfortable every step of the way before adding up new things.

Olivia

Post by Olivia » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:21 am

Welcome!!!

randirenea

Post by randirenea » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:18 am

Welcome and in my opinion if your husband is not completely on board the best thing you can do is present him with the information you have and explain to him how you feel it could positively impact your marriage. Then give him some time to take it all in and ask him to sit down with you and discuss it with him ask if he has questions. Get his feelings on all of this and just take baby steps.

Pink cheeks

Post by Pink cheeks » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:41 pm

The hardest thing I ever did was to ask my husband of 19 years to spank me. It was just 2 months ago. He is not a natural born spanker, would never raise a hand to me, or anyone.

It has been a learning curve for both of us.

I suggest you start a journal. Make a list of all the reasons you want it and how you think it will help you and your family. And the benefits to him.

Then I would make a list of the behavior you would like his help to work on. (Mine was easy, I had to pair it down lol)

Ask him if he would be willing to do some research. Help him find the information. If your normal is to talk often about everything it will be easier. It wont be easy thou, at least it was not for me. If you dont often have private, quiet conversation- make time. We set up twice a week sit down discussions. It really helps.

Then take it one day at a time.

Good luck, this forum is the BEST! I have never received so much love and kindness from strangers. I am sure you will too.

Xoxo