Boot Camp Questions and my experience

Spanking and Domestic Discipline
Pink cheeks

Boot Camp Questions and my experience

Post by Pink cheeks » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:58 pm

I am wondering how many others have done any type of boot camp, I have a few questions about your experience.
How many days did you do a boot camp for, and if you did it again would you do it differently?
Is Boot Camp something done more than once?
Do you have any suggestions for additional homework assignments for additional days? (The 8 in the book were excellent for us, just wondering what if any others you came up with)
Last edited by Pink cheeks on Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

leenicolelinn

Re: Boot Camp Questions and my experience

Post by leenicolelinn » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:41 pm

Hi Pink Cheeks Probably 'black/blue' cheeks after boot camp. Sounds like you are off to a good start. I look forward to your journal.

Nic
Learning sweet submission and respect through my Heavenly Father and my HOH Husband.

Goldilocks

Post by Goldilocks » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:03 pm

We have never really done a boot camp. Although I feel like we could both benefit from it. Time is a huge obstacle at the moment for something that intense.
Maybe someday...
Loving submissive wife to PapaBear.

Olivia

Post by Olivia » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:50 pm

I've also felt like it could have some benefits to it but my husband hasn't wanted to get that rigid and strict with no rule breaks behind it and I can certainly appreciate that point of view lol, keep us updated!

Pink cheeks

Post by Pink cheeks » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:40 am

Have you read Clints book on it? It is something that can be done in 2 days up to 5 days or more, I suppose. It was a great experience, especially for us newbies. The homework assignments were very insightful for both of us. We learned things about each other that 20 years of marriage never disclosed. Although it was intense, there was plenty of down time. I would say it would be a great thing to do as a couples retreat. Get away someplace quite and private and spend 2 days getting to know each other better.

I seriously think I would do it again.

randirenea

Post by randirenea » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:56 am

Pink cheeks wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:40 am
Have you read Clints book on it? It is something that can be done in 2 days up to 5 days or more, I suppose. It was a great experience, especially for us newbies. The homework assignments were very insightful for both of us. We learned things about each other that 20 years of marriage never disclosed. Although it was intense, there was plenty of down time. I would say it would be a great thing to do as a couples retreat. Get away someplace quite and private and spend 2 days getting to know each other better.

I seriously think I would do it again.
may I ask the name of the bootcamp book and where you found it. I would love to look into it, my husband and I are just starting out on this journey and we happen to be taken a little mini vacation for a weekend alone in early July thought ot might be a perfect time to try it out.

Pink cheeks

Post by Pink cheeks » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:26 am

I think it was a great start for us, Hubby is very detailed and once he decide we would do it, he had a compete schedule as outlined in the book -which we kept to. Including the homework assignments etc.
Prior to our doing the 2 day, we had worked on a different boot camp for 30 days. Clint’s How to Guide was so much more productive than the 30 day. Having said that we have now incorporated both into our life.

At first read, we were both a bit hesitant. It seemed pretty extreme. Maybe it would be tooo much. We Reread it and decided we had nothing to loose. If it got to be to much, it was only two days. After having done two days I would say doing 3 or 4 days may be better, and 2 days is enough if that’s all the time you have. The tough part would be to come up with relevant homework assignments for 4 days. The book gives you 2 days worth and we followed them in the same sequence as in the book. The timing of the homework and conversations worked very well.

We bought it on Amazon Kindle
A How-To Guide to Domestic Discipline Boot Camp By: Clint at Learning Domestic Discipline

I will also say, we needed to have better structure for me. I have some pretty bad, life long destructive behavior problems that I have been able to hide most of my life. :oops: We saw great improvements with the first 30 days, and knew we needed to ramp it up a bit to make the changes that are long overdue. So for us, this journey into DD is very important, it is important for us to be successful at it. I think for me that is why I feel compelled to share my experience in our journey. Hopefully it will help someone else.

Best of luck to you.
M

randirenea

Post by randirenea » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:18 pm

Pink cheeks wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:26 am
I think it was a great start for us, Hubby is very detailed and once he decide we would do it, he had a compete schedule as outlined in the book -which we kept to. Including the homework assignments etc.
Prior to our doing the 2 day, we had worked on a different boot camp for 30 days. Clint’s How to Guide was so much more productive than the 30 day. Having said that we have now incorporated both into our life.

At first read, we were both a bit hesitant. It seemed pretty extreme. Maybe it would be tooo much. We Reread it and decided we had nothing to loose. If it got to be to much, it was only two days. After having done two days I would say doing 3 or 4 days may be better, and 2 days is enough if that’s all the time you have. The tough part would be to come up with relevant homework assignments for 4 days. The book gives you 2 days worth and we followed them in the same sequence as in the book. The timing of the homework and conversations worked very well.

We bought it on Amazon Kindle
A How-To Guide to Domestic Discipline Boot Camp By: Clint at Learning Domestic Discipline

I will also say, we needed to have better structure for me. I have some pretty bad, life long destructive behavior problems that I have been able to hide most of my life. :oops: We saw great improvements with the first 30 days, and knew we needed to ramp it up a bit to make the changes that are long overdue. So for us, this journey into DD is very important, it is important for us to be successful at it. I think for me that is why I feel compelled to share my experience in our journey. Hopefully it will help someone else.

Best of luck to you.
M
Thank you so much i will definitely get that ordered. My relationship dynamic seems very similar to yours. My husband is ex military and has always been very responsible and structured in his life. I on the other hand was not. My spending habits and drinking have became a bit much for him and are part of the reasons I was researching things to do and found this forum.You all have been very helpful and I greatly appreciate it

Pink cheeks

Post by Pink cheeks » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:27 pm

Kindred spirits. Wild and free have been my life. Learning to ask is the hardest, I’m getting there thou. :D