Baring My Thoughts...

Spanking and Domestic Discipline
CassLynn

Re: Baring My Thoughts...

Post by CassLynn » Tue May 15, 2018 2:46 pm

When we were starting out and I was frustrated that he wasnt taking charge as much as I wanted, I flat out badgered him and then gave him an ultimatum—that I wanted to do this all the way or not at all. Not submissive one bit I know! Probably not recommended by most here. But it made him mad and determined and he came home from work that day after I texted him these things and spanked me very hard letting me know that he would indeed take charge. And he hasnt stopped taking charge or spanking me since. So I'm glad I was pushy. It brought us what we both enjoy so much now. And I havent been pushy since then, well not without a warning or punishment anyway.

NateG

Post by NateG » Tue May 15, 2018 3:48 pm

Persistence worked!!

Kerry

Post by Kerry » Tue May 15, 2018 9:48 pm

Hmmmm, I thought about copying this post and sending it to Brian.
Key

NateG

Post by NateG » Wed May 16, 2018 12:28 pm

Kerry
Might be worth it.

Tatyana

Post by Tatyana » Fri May 18, 2018 8:29 pm

Penny - I just read your response (I am still trying to 'figure' this forum out; I don't even facebook), and that's a GREAT response you gave - I wish I could have thought of it. It's still the same, however. Oh, Nate, thank you for the response, as well. You both gave me great "comebacks" for the future. But, Nate, my husband won't even allow for ANY talk WHATSOEVER about DD, spankings, punishments, etc. I was reading from the Bible, and then the Westminster Confession of Faith (which is NOT the Bible, but our church does follow it), and I mentioned a reference to DD. He immediately shut it down. Yet, he has spanked me for one reason or another (my stupidity or a smart mouth, mainly) about 3 times over the past week. A few evenings ago, he told me outright that he was going to spank me, and then made me wait almost 3 hours while we went fishing! I was expecting a real spanking, but, again, 2 swats over my jeans. Any opinions? Is he not really wanting DD at all? Is he just uncomfortable about it or afraid to hurt me? I don't want to say anything to make him absolutely shut down as far as DD goes, but would really like someone else's opinion as far as HOH thoughts might be. And, again, thanks to both Nate and Penny. This is a great forum, with some very intuitive and wise 'folks'! Thanks for making me part of it!
Tatyana

Lavendar

Post by Lavendar » Fri May 18, 2018 8:47 pm

There's a DD related item in the Westminster Confession?
Lavendar :)

Tatyana

Post by Tatyana » Sat May 19, 2018 10:00 am

I was reading about the 5th commandment and the “superiors” and “inferiors” are, and the phrasing of submission and correction seems to imply the correction of the wife, due to the phrasing of “fidelity”. I’m not quite sure if it implies correction by spanking, but I know that it’s not Biblical to scream, yell or threaten, so I would love an interpretation of how the Westminster Confession is saying to correct the wife. I’m only basing my interpretation on logic and that I am aware of a few couples (from my past, not my current church), who practiced DD. If you have an opinion on it, I’d appreciate it. I study Theology, however, subjects such as marital sex and the discipline order are not said outright. Thank you for the input and question; like I said, I find that one section concerning the exposition of the 5th commandment interesting. I know that this is not a Christian only forum, but I am curious as to interpretation of it. That would definitely be a positive for DD, if that’s part of your faith.

Lavendar

Post by Lavendar » Sat May 19, 2018 3:10 pm

I'll read it and post back when I can. The Westminster Confession is part of my faith. I will say, though, that I do not consider myself to be CDD, so my interpretation may vary from yours.
Lavendar :)

Tatyana

Post by Tatyana » Sat May 19, 2018 11:58 pm

Thank you, Lavender; I really appreciate it. I am a Reformed Presbyterian within the PCA church, and a more Reformed Church (not under PCA) was really for DD. Our church now doesn't discuss sexual topics, as well as the types of discipline used normally back then. I am very curious to hear your interpretation. I just looked it up: it's under the Larger Catechism, Question #123-130. The part that I question is: "Q.124 Who are meant by father and mother in the fifth commandment? A. By father and mother, in the fifth commandment, are meant, not only natural parents, but all superiors in age and gifts; and especially such as, by God's ordinance, are over us in place of authority, whether in family church, or commandwealth." And then, Q. 127, which states that the honor that inferiors owe to their superiors is, all due reverence in heart, word, and behavior; prayer and thanksgiving for them;...willing obedience to their lawful commands and counsels; due submission to their corrections; fidelity to, etc...." My question is, how, other than DD would a husband correct a wife and the wife submit to his correction? If you can make sense of it, I would appreciate it. Maybe my interpretation is jaded. I don't know if this will be publicly posted, and if so, it is not meant to offend anyone that doesn't share our (I believe most likely) beliefs. Just a woman asking another woman, so this isn't going to be a Christian soundboard; just a really curious question from someone who hopefully can shed some light. Thanks, again, Lavender; it's late and so forgive any typos.
Tatyana

Dionysyus

Post by Dionysyus » Sun May 20, 2018 5:58 pm

Tatyana,

I'm not a practicing / believing Christian, but it's definitely interesting to me to read about the history of the Church and it's opinion on these topics, so please carry on =)