Use of restraints

Spanking and Domestic Discipline
DisciplinedWife

Use of restraints

Post by DisciplinedWife » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:41 am

Any couple here uses restraints during punishments? If restraints are used are they used for all or only some punishments? Does any body feel that the need to use restraints makes their submission less genuine? What type of restraints are used?

Olivia

Re: Use of restraints

Post by Olivia » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:51 am

We haven't used them.... yet lol. I have been threatened with them before and they've been recommended on this site before (since I can move around a lot) .... I don't want to need them because I want to be able to accept my punishment but I am opening to the idea

Cactusgrl

Post by Cactusgrl » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:53 am

We did once. It was stressful, but I appreciated not getting into more trouble for moving. He hasn't put me in restraints for spanking since, I'm not sure why. I'm guessing that it will happen again at some point.

Phil04

Post by Phil04 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:14 pm

We have not because moving or reaching back is not an issue for My_Love. I have no problem with the concept, and would not hesitate to use restraints if they were needed.

Phil

spankedsarah

Post by spankedsarah » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:16 pm

Restraints are not part of our normal routine nowadays. But, we definitely have tried them out. Can be lots of fun we had a full out bench for awhile. It is just a pain to get them out and put them on. I also like to hold position. It challenges me. It took me a long time to do it well and it just takes things to a different level to have to hold position.

NateG

Post by NateG » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:29 pm

Haven't used restraints either, although I know some who do and for good reasons. It can be fun on one level, but sometimes the person being spanked feels more secure and comfortable with them. Others like mentioned here, want to challenge themselves to hold position. Either way is good. Whatever works for the couple.

Nate

Rand E

Post by Rand E » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:18 pm

My wife and I try to limit the use of restraints for when they are needed to reduce movement problems. Earlier on in our DD arrangement, they were more necessary because we went to severity levels for which we were both not accustomed. We don't use them so much now that we have improved our skills and tolerance.

We already had a selection of high-quality passive restraints and had plenty of practice with using them for erotic purposes from before DD. We try to keep their use with discipline more like buckling up before driving the car, just something matter-of-fact that you do for the sake of safety. With certain severe implements, like a large wooden paddle, it's just plain dangerous to put your hand in the way at the wrong time or wind up striking the wrong spot due to movement.

Also, we both found that gentle restraints helped a lot with developing self-control. Kind of like training wheels, I guess. I know that sounds counter-intuitive, but if you give them a try, you may come to find out this is true for you as well.

If you have movement problems, restraints are definitely worth a try. Just be sure to practice a bit with them first before using them with any serious discipline.

Rand E

Post by Rand E » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:39 pm

spankedsarah wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:16 pm
Restraints are not part of our normal routine nowadays. But, we definitely have tried them out. Can be lots of fun we had a full out bench for awhile. It is just a pain to get them out and put them on. I also like to hold position. It challenges me. It took me a long time to do it well and it just takes things to a different level to have to hold position.
Elaborate restraint rigs, spanking benches, etc. are great for erotic play where setting them up and getting your partner nice and trussed up is part of the fun. But I agree with you that they are a pain for use in disciplinary sessions where you just want to get it over with as efficiently as possible. So, the rig I adopted with my wife for disciplinary spanking is simply the good old tied to the 4-corners of the bed method.

As far as OTK, my wife and I never do OTK spanking for discipline. If you are looking for recommendations on controlling movement in OTK situations, I would have to defer to others here as to how they dealt with that problem. Frankly, for us, I couldn't see any way to do that adequately, so that's largely why we only do OTK for fun.

I know I keep saying this, but please don't try to set up and use restraints for the first time during an actual disciplinary session. Do one or more calibration sessions first to get used to whatever restraints you choose, how to use them, and your reactions under stress.
Last edited by Rand E on Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sassyclouds

Post by Sassyclouds » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:36 pm

Can be fun 😉
I had a marriage with DD. I definitely want that again, if I ever get married again. The closeness and secure feeling in DD was wonderful. The love and respect is amplified after a discipline spanking.... I miss it. I miss having an HOH to help me.

Dexterpunk

Post by Dexterpunk » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:07 am

Not too much but once for a spanking that included using the bathbrush we did use silicone handcuffs for safety.