Time Limit

Spanking and Domestic Discipline
Lauren

Time Limit

Post by Lauren » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:59 pm

Does anyone have a time limit on punishments? Like if something happens and the HOH says there is going to be a punishment but it can't happen that moment. Or even that night. Does the punishment become void after a certain time frame?

Emily

Re: Time Limit

Post by Emily » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:44 am

I’m not sure what Daniel would do if the punishment needed to be delayed for more than a day or so. Normally if he’s unable to punish me there and then he’ll take me to one side or into an empty room and tell me that we’ll deal with the matter once we get home. I guess if he was unable to spank me for whatever reason that he’d get creative and find some other way to punish me.

nicolelinn45

Post by nicolelinn45 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:11 am

No time limit in this house. My husband can be gone for 10 days on the road. If he says that I will be punished when he gets home; it always happens. He usually has me set the paddle out on the dresser (and very infrequently other items for punishment) just as a reminder. He usually has me write it down on paper as well. It always reminds me of that old 50's show....."Wait till your Father gets home"

Nic
Learning sweet submission and respect through my Heavenly Father and my HOH Husband.

Olivia

Post by Olivia » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:28 pm

I guess it'd depend on the situation (long distance relationship, staying at someone's house, away on business, just busy etc)... When I was in college out of town it was difficult and a lot was allowed to pass but without the consistency it really wasn't that effective.... Now that we're back living together there isn't a time limit on punishments but it is dealt with as soon as possible (even if sometimes he has to get creative or we're late to wherever we need to be) ... in the mean time, he reminds me that it'd be in my best interest to change my behavior immediately!
Since we've been living together though I can't really think of a time where it's had to be pushed out past the next day

Phil04

Post by Phil04 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:00 pm

There have been a couple times when My_Love has confessed to something and I say "we will discuss it tonight." Then either I get home late, or am exhausted by the time we put the kids down and we don't. When I remember the next day, I usually let them slide, but then they are usually minor offenses anyway. If something serious happened, the punishment would not expire.

Phil

epaster

Post by epaster » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:58 am

Sometimes it isn't possible to spank when a punishment is earned, or even the same day.
I have found with my wife, that if she deserves a spanking, it is better to give her a delayed spanking than none at all. I think she needs the assurance that I will hold her accountable and follow-through even when life forces a delay.
Eric

DisciplinedWife

Post by DisciplinedWife » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:22 am

For me, infractions are not subject to statute of limitations. I am usually punished on weekends after a review of my weekly actions. If the punishment cannot be carried out on some weekends I have to write that in the punishment journal and remind my HoH on the next review. Any attempt to conceal past misdemeanour results in extra six strokes of the cane.

Rand E

Post by Rand E » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:30 pm

This situation of disciplinary delay happens most often when we are out of town or we are home but have guests staying at the house. We neither of us feel the urgent need to discipline for infractions immediately, so we won't spank in any sort of semi-public setting or where others might eavesdrop.

So what happens with delays is that things settle down a bit, and it's more like what one might call a "suspended sentence" with the interlude between rule break and discipline something of a probationary period.

During that interlude, my wife then has some opportunity to improve her situation with good behavior, apologies, and expressions of remorse. Part of me thinks she's just kissing up to me to lessen her punishment. But, what can I say? It's kind of sweet. Sometimes it works.

My wife, on the other hand, can stay mad for a LONG time. I haven't had much luck sweet talking my way out of trouble with her. She's kind of the queen of spanking IOU's.

DesertRose

Post by DesertRose » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:21 pm

Do delayed punishments have the same effect? Maybe with time a broken rule wouldn't be felt that big of a deal.
🌸 I want a husband who will love me enough to punish me.
DesertRose

Lauren

Post by Lauren » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:15 pm

I asked because for us after about a week it is pointless. It does not have the same effect.