Depression

Spanking and Domestic Discipline
StrapHater

Re: Depression

Post by StrapHater » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:07 pm

Okay... I've debated for a while about posting in this thread. The discussion can be kinda "surfacey" (if I can invent a word) when it comes to depression... or it can be deeper. Not quite sure where to go with it... so I will start with our history.

I have anxiety issues (obvious, right? **grin**) and way back in 2004 I had other emotional issues to confront. In 2007, I was diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome... highly functional, however. Peeled that onion... and some of the credit goes to DD. Since that April day in 2004, my loving wife was diagnosed with bi-polar "disorder" ... so emotional issues are at our core. If you know anything about Aspergers and bi-polar, you are ROFL right now.

DD has been a connection point for us because it hits ALL the right buttons. Yes, we've both asked ourselves "Are we too invested in this?" but the answer we come back to 100% of the time is NO. I am much less anxious, and she is more focused. That's our BOTTOM line.
Married for 12 years || DD for 15 years
The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does; likewise also the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. (I Corinthians 7:4)

Miras

Post by Miras » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:10 pm

StrapHater wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:07 pm

I have anxiety issues (obvious, right? **grin**) and way back in 2004 I had other emotional issues to confront. In 2007, I was diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome... highly functional, however. Peeled that onion...
Welcome to the club.
Occasionally friendly Spencerist guy
Faktor IV of MdI - Maghan
Unofficial member of The Wicked Tribe
Putting DD back into BuDDhism

Rand E

Post by Rand E » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:02 pm

Jay wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:18 pm
Has anyone else used spanking as a treatment for depression?

I suffer from periodic depression, although generally I function well. Regular exercise helps me. If I confess to me wife that I'm feeling down, she will say "get over the bed." Or I ask for a spanking. It hurts a lot, but it does give me a feeling of well-being, and at least temporarily alleviates my depression. I also get spanked for punishment, usually for being snarky, and for "good measure."

Does anyone else spank or get spanked as an informal treatment for depression?

Has anyone heard of the Russian practice, in Siberia, of whipping or caning as a formal treatment for depression, detailed here:

http://siberiantimes.com/other/others/f ... literally/

It seems to work there. Does that mean that most Russians, or at least those patients, are spanko's?
I have been dealing with situational depression for a couple years now stemming from a family tragedy, so I know what it's like. It's a damn vortex in your head that sometimes reaches out to you in vulnerable moments and sucks you under. One thing I learned from this is that the people you love, and that love you, are what really count in life, to get you through it. If the spanking sessions help you, I suspect it has more to do with the bond that it sustains with your wife, the love you share, and the support that you provide each other, than the act itself. But don't stop there. If you haven't already, I urge you to see a therapist and try to deal with the problem on all fronts. It has helped me immensely.

Jay

Post by Jay » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:10 pm

Thank you.

Jay

Post by Jay » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:12 pm

Rand E, thank you for your insightful reply. You see into the heart of the matter. Your thoughts were helpful to me.

Rand E

Post by Rand E » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:36 pm

Jay wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:12 pm
Rand E, thank you for your insightful reply. You see into the heart of the matter. Your thoughts were helpful to me.
I think we are fellow travelers on this. Good luck to you.

Rand E

Post by Rand E » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:55 pm

Shifting gears:

On the basis of the various spanking videos coming out of Russia, those folks appear to be able to take a hell of a beating (as in bruised and bleeding buns) and take it quite well (at least compared to me). I really hate domestic spanking videos where the spankee is getting love taps and moaning and crying like she was being tortured on the rack by Torquemada in the Inquisition. Phony baloney.

So, when you talk about spanking therapy for depression from Russia, I have to wonder whether the effectiveness is related more to the typical mental attitude and spanking culture of Russians, rather than some universal benefit to be had from corporal punishment across all cultures. Russians all seem to be in a perpetual state of mild depressions and malaise about life, deeply cynical, acerbic and rough-around-the-edges, and, on top of that, can seemingly take a hell of a beating without going to pieces. That doesn't sound like every other place in the world, and especially not the USA and Canada.

Don't get me wrong. I think my wife and I get a lot of benefits from our disciplinary sessions. But spanking therapy done by professional strangers in Russia? I don't know. Not convinced, but I would like to know more.

Jay

Post by Jay » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:08 am

Check out this link:

http://siberiantimes.com/other/others/f ... literally/

Anyhow, Russians seem generally to be really into spanking, flogging, torture, etc.

I was reading about Peter the Great, who had thousands of rebels cruelly tortured to make them turn in their mates, including roasting their bodies. One of the victims told him that they were able to take it because they were in "torture clubs," in which they tortured each other to see how much each one could take.

So yes, Russians may be a special breed in this way. I agree that I am skeptical of beatings from a stranger alleviating depression, vs. spankings from our loving spouses. I still find the link interesting, though.

JackOfHearts

Post by JackOfHearts » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:13 am

The link is broken, could you fix it?

Phil04

Post by Phil04 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:13 pm

JackOfHearts wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:13 am
The link is broken, could you fix it?
I am pretty sure this is the story he was referencing.

https://siberiantimes.com/other/others/ ... literally/