Depression

Spanking and Domestic Discipline
Jay

Depression

Post by Jay » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:18 pm

Has anyone else used spanking as a treatment for depression?

I suffer from periodic depression, although generally I function well. Regular exercise helps me. If I confess to me wife that I'm feeling down, she will say "get over the bed." Or I ask for a spanking. It hurts a lot, but it does give me a feeling of well-being, and at least temporarily alleviates my depression. I also get spanked for punishment, usually for being snarky, and for "good measure."

Does anyone else spank or get spanked as an informal treatment for depression?

Has anyone heard of the Russian practice, in Siberia, of whipping or caning as a formal treatment for depression, detailed here:

http://siberiantimes.com/other/others/f ... literally/

It seems to work there. Does that mean that most Russians, or at least those patients, are spanko's?

SweetPea611

Re: Depression

Post by SweetPea611 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:39 pm

Interesting question! I don’t suffer from depression, but I do have anxiety. I’ve not been spanked directly for my anxiety, but my anxiety has resulted in spankable offenses. Mostly impulse control related or carelessness. I do feel less anxious and more focused after being spanked. There is something about the experience that is very centering - the physical sensation really keeps you in the moment. I am not a person who enjoys spanking, but I do feel incredibly relaxed after being spanked.

Goldilocks

Post by Goldilocks » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:02 am

SweetPea611 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:39 pm
Interesting question! I don’t suffer from depression, but I do have anxiety. I’ve not been spanked directly for my anxiety, but my anxiety has resulted in spankable offenses. Mostly impulse control related or carelessness. I do feel less anxious and more focused after being spanked. There is something about the experience that is very centering - the physical sensation really keeps you in the moment. I am not a person who enjoys spanking, but I do feel incredibly relaxed after being spanked.
I can attest to that. I have BiPolar and anxiety. I have been spanked for emotional release to help deal with mood swings, and anxiety. Especially when I start to dwell and obsess over something, someone, or situations out of my control. He helps me find my center again by spanking me and reminding me that obsession causes more harm than good.
Loving submissive wife to PapaBear.

Miras

Post by Miras » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:52 pm

I need to find a therapist open enough to certain unorthodox advices.
Occasionally friendly Spencerist guy
Faktor IV of MdI - Maghan
Unofficial member of The Wicked Tribe
Putting DD back into BuDDhism

KrystalA

Post by KrystalA » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:36 pm

I struggle with depression as well and I can assure you it is no easy life to live with. I have never been spanked for the use of stress relief but i jave read many articles on the topic. Best of luck to you.

Jay

Post by Jay » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:17 pm

Thank you!

I am afraid to admit that I'm feeling down or can't sleep, because it gets me spanked. I think she loves to spank me, but feels that she needs a reason, and this suffices.

Goldilocks

Post by Goldilocks » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:31 am

Miras wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:52 pm
I need to find a therapist open enough to certain unorthodox advices.
Good luck. Let me know when you find one. I always wanted a therapist that I could discuss every aspect of my life with including DD and it not be seen as something bad or abusive. But as a possible therapy tool.
Loving submissive wife to PapaBear.

Jay

Post by Jay » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:39 pm

Last night I was feeling down, hadn't slept well for a couple of nights. I asked my wife to spank me. She said she didn't have much time, "but just a quick one." She paddled me rapidly with her spoon while I lay on the bed. It hurt so much, but I didn't have any marking this morning. And I felt much better, still do, and slept well. It is a painful therapy, though, difficult to ask for.

JackOfHearts

Post by JackOfHearts » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:01 am

For the theoretical background, pain is used in many spiritual traditions as a vehicle for growth. For example, self flagellation in the Christian traditions, or the fakirs with the nail beds, zen masters who spank their students and so on and on.

When you feel avoidance to the pain, you suffer, when you accept the pain you don’t suffer. But our capability to accept pain is limited. So we can train ourself by taking more and more pain and accepting it.

There seems to be something special about spanking, which helps to overcome the pain and accept. Probably it has to do with the endorphins which are released at some point...

Hope this helps, as a little food for thought in that direction, I wish you all the best!

DesertRose

Post by DesertRose » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:47 am

It makes sense that spanking is helpful to treat depression.. but it is temporary, maybe it is better to see a therapist. Best luck to you.
🌸 I want a husband who will love me enough to punish me.
DesertRose