Implied Spanking

Spanking and Domestic Discipline
Jay

Implied Spanking

Post by Jay » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:49 pm

I am the spanked one in our relationship. Usually when we have an argument and hard feelings there's enough blame to go around, but very occasionally I manage to behave myself, and it's clearly my wife's fault. Very rarely in those instances I will say to her
"If you accepted spankings, you would be getting one now." And that usually works! Just as I suppose actually having given a spanking would have worked. Does anyone else have experiences like this?

Lauren

Re: Implied Spanking

Post by Lauren » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:40 am

No. Because I would not speak to my husband like that. It would be sassy and rude. It's not my job to tell him how to act.

Olivia

Post by Olivia » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:50 am

That happens here once and awhile! Lol actually happened this weekend. I don't say it to be rude or disrespectful but to give him some perspective when he's not being fair and it works to get him back in control.

AWE_1993

Post by AWE_1993 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:05 am

I honestly don't know how Sarge would act towards this, but I won't lie I feel tempted to try it when something unfair happens from his side.

Jacob HF

Post by Jacob HF » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:57 pm

I know I have posted before my feelings about "fair."

I have rules for myself and my children and my late wife all have/had permission to remind me when I am breaking them. One, for example, is that I don't yell unless distance/noise/etc require it.

My wife and I had agreed on a code phrase, "are you okay?" We actually both used it. When we said that it was a signal to the other person to check our behavior or attitude. It's something we could say, even in front of other people, without being disrespectful.

But, my wife did not get to substitute her judgment for mine. I had clear expectations and I reserved the authority to judge whether those expectations had been met. I was always open to information or thoughts that I didn't have and there are times when I backed off because there was a good reason or I was convinced that I had not been clear enough. But, "that's not fair" is not an excuse.

I don't think I would be offended by my wife saying that in some situation if she were in charge I would get spanked. As long as it was in a respectful tone (and in private), that would be just sharing her feelings with me.

--Jacob
Last edited by Jacob HF on Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jay

Post by Jay » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:21 pm

I guess I wonder whether spanking in an adult relationship is more of an expression of disapproval rather than an actual punishment, as it would be for a child. I know I try to avoid misbehavior towards my wife (which usually involves snarkiness) more out of a fear of incurring her displeasure rather than the actual pain of the spanking.

Jay

Post by Jay » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:25 pm

The idea that I can and should be spanked seems to make me more aware of my behavior. It makes me look at myself more critically.