cell phone recommendations...androids only

All other things! Cat memes are okay, too.
NateG

Re: cell phone recommendations...androids only

Post by NateG » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:23 pm

I really like my Samsung Galaxy S8 that I've had for a couple years now. It's been absolutely great. Best one I've had so far. I still have a ton of memory left on it even though I have tons of pictures from my wine events on there and it has never had any problems at all.

The one problem I did have with every other Samsung was the charging port would go bad. I would have to take the battery out and charge it manually. This phone hasn't had that problem so far after about 2 years. The others went bad after about 9 months.

It's really a great phone...and waterproof. They have had a couple upgrades now...up to the S10 I think, but I am in no hurry to upgrade because the S8 is doing just fine.

Nate

kgirl

Post by kgirl » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:08 pm

NateG wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:23 pm
I really like my Samsung Galaxy S8 that I've had for a couple years now. It's been absolutely great. Best one I've had so far. I still have a ton of memory left on it even though I have tons of pictures from my wine events on there and it has never had any problems at all.

The one problem I did have with every other Samsung was the charging port would go bad. I would have to take the battery out and charge it manually. This phone hasn't had that problem so far after about 2 years. The others went bad after about 9 months.

It's really a great phone...and waterproof. They have had a couple upgrades now...up to the S10 I think, but I am in no hurry to upgrade because the S8 is doing just fine.

Nate
Thanks Nate! Currently have Galaxy S5's. My memory is pretty much used up. Wine events??? What kind of wine events? You were originally from Ohio, right?

NateG

Post by NateG » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:33 am

Hello Kgirl,

Yes, I am from NW Ohio originally. About 20 minutes from Cedar Point. In Virginia now, near Colonial Williamsburg area.

I have a small business (very small currently) doing wine tastings. Some of it is contracted to marketing companies doing wine tastings in retail outlets, and sometimes I do civic events and wine pouring/tastings for organizations and also house parties where we can have fun doing a wine tasting at people's homes. I love it!
Mostly wine, but able to do the other fine things in life too like whiskey's, cigars, food. But mostly wine.

Glad you like my phone recommendation. I"m sure the Galaxy S10 would be even better, but you can probably find a S8 a lot less expensive now.

Have a good weekend,

Nate

kgirl

Post by kgirl » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:49 am

NateG wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:33 am
Hello Kgirl,

Yes, I am from NW Ohio originally. About 20 minutes from Cedar Point. In Virginia now, near Colonial Williamsburg area.

I have a small business (very small currently) doing wine tastings. Some of it is contracted to marketing companies doing wine tastings in retail outlets, and sometimes I do civic events and wine pouring/tastings for organizations and also house parties where we can have fun doing a wine tasting at people's homes. I love it!
Mostly wine, but able to do the other fine things in life too like whiskey's, cigars, food. But mostly wine.

Glad you like my phone recommendation. I"m sure the Galaxy S10 would be even better, but you can probably find a S8 a lot less expensive now.

Have a good weekend,

Nate
Hi Nate! I'm interested in either the Galaxy's or the pixel, which takes amazing pics. Your business sounds fun!

We took Goldilocks and Papabear to a couple wineries when they came to visit us a couple times. Had fun! Great band, wine, food and dancing on beautiful summer nights! Take care!

NateG

Post by NateG » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:14 am

Oh that sounds so fun! Wineries are great to go to and have a good time. Always something happening.

I wish we could meet up with some more friends from here to do things with. It would be really nice.

I'm not real familiar with the Pixel but have heard it takes great pics.

Stay in touch

Nate

kgirl

Post by kgirl » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:31 pm

NateG wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:14 am
Oh that sounds so fun! Wineries are great to go to and have a good time. Always something happening.

I wish we could meet up with some more friends from here to do things with. It would be really nice.

I'm not real familiar with the Pixel but have heard it takes great pics.

Stay in touch

Nate
Nate,
Was at Cedar Point last summer. The heat was brutal! It was much better at night.

Could always use more dd friends. Dd can seem so isolating at times, but glad I have a good dd friend. You and/or your wife can feel free to pm me or my husband "Strummer".

Hubby and I just purchased Pixel 3's. Get them Tuesday night. Can't wait! I love the unlimited storage for pics and pic quality. Also getting the veteran's discount from Verizon, since my hubby was in the military. Never used that before, so it's nice to have. Take Care!

-Kgirl

NateG

Post by NateG » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:17 pm

Kgirl

Thanks for the invite, I will definitely do that. I haven't been to Cedar Point in many years. I'd like to go check it out again sometime. Now, we go to Busch Gardens and Water Country USA in Williamsburg.

Nice choice on the phone, bet you''ll love it. I didn't know they offered Veteran Discounts....I'll keep that in mind.

You are right though, DD can be isolating. Doesn't seem to be anyone in this area of Virginia. Several in Ohio though.

Talk to you soon

Nate

kgirl

Post by kgirl » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:24 pm

Got our Pixel 3's! Love them!!! Such an awesome phone! Thanks everyone!😊