Any Outlander fans?

All other things! Cat memes are okay, too.
kgirl

Any Outlander fans?

Post by kgirl » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:27 pm

Hi!
Anyone an Outlander fan? I'm a big fan of the show and I've read all 8 books in the series. Love the DD part of the first book and the episode titled "The Reckoning" in the first season of the show. The 9th book of the series is supposed to be released this year. Can't wait! The book series is awesome! It is historical fiction/ romance.

NateG

Re: Any Outlander fans?

Post by NateG » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:11 pm

HI,

My wife and I watch Outlander, sometimes with my daughter. They have both read all the books. I love to read but won't be reading them. It is a very good story, very good show.

The Reckoning was really good. I was disappointed that Claire made him promise never to do it again...and he agreed!!! Ugh.

Nate

Lauren

Post by Lauren » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:23 pm

I've never read the books or watched the show. Might have to see if it's on Netflix.

The title of this thread sounded familiar. Further down the page of off topic, there is another post about Outlander. It's 2 pages long. I don't know if you saw it. But check it out!

kgirl

Post by kgirl » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:48 pm

NateG wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:11 pm
HI,

My wife and I watch Outlander, sometimes with my daughter. They have both read all the books. I love to read but won't be reading them. It is a very good story, very good show.

The Reckoning was really good. I was disappointed that Claire made him promise never to do it again...and he agreed!!! Ugh.

Nate
Nate,
The Reckoning in the book was better and Clair was more accepting afterwards, but yeah...I felt disappointed too!!!

kgirl

Post by kgirl » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:50 pm

Lauren wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:23 pm
I've never read the books or watched the show. Might have to see if it's on Netflix.

The title of this thread sounded familiar. Further down the page of off topic, there is another post about Outlander. It's 2 pages long. I don't know if you saw it. But check it out!
Lauren,
Outlander is on Starz. The books are great!!! I'll have to find that post. Thanks!

Miras

Post by Miras » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:56 am

I´m deeply ashamed of myself, but I have seen only that one scene. However I´ve read related novella Virgins in Dangerous Women anthology - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dangerous ... anthology) and liked it. Maybe one day I´ll watch/read more.
Occasionally friendly Spencerist guy
Faktor IV of MdI - Maghan
Unofficial member of The Wicked Tribe
Putting DD back into BuDDhism

kgirl

Post by kgirl » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:46 pm

Miras wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:56 am
I´m deeply ashamed of myself, but I have seen only that one scene. However I´ve read related novella Virgins in Dangerous Women anthology - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dangerous ... anthology) and liked it. Maybe one day I´ll watch/read more.
Miras,
Okay checked out your link. Sounds interesting! Thanks! Hopefully you'll either be able to read/ watch it. Great historical fiction/ romance!

Miras

Post by Miras » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:17 pm

kgirl wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:46 pm
Miras wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:56 am
Miras,
Okay checked out your link. Sounds interesting! Thanks! Hopefully you'll either be able to read/ watch it. Great historical fiction/ romance!
Yes, I probably should be paying more attention to it. Honestly DW anthology was pretty mixed in quality, but this definitely was one of those pieces that made worth buying it.
Occasionally friendly Spencerist guy
Faktor IV of MdI - Maghan
Unofficial member of The Wicked Tribe
Putting DD back into BuDDhism

Goldilocks

Post by Goldilocks » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:25 am

NateG wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:11 pm
HI,

Nate
Man..I agree with this. I think they were afraid to make her too docile. Maybe it looked better on film to have "the fight."
Loving submissive wife to PapaBear.

NateG

Post by NateG » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:56 pm

Goldilocks,

I"m sure you are right. Feminism what it is, they couldn't have her submitting to a man on film. Crazy.