Anxiety

All other things! Cat memes are okay, too.
TheGoodWifeLife

Anxiety

Post by TheGoodWifeLife » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:24 am

Ok y’all, I’m really struggling this morning. I’m supposed to go in for a dentist appointment in an hour and a half. I’ve already cancelled and rescheduled TWICE. I have had some terrible experiences in dentist chairs! The shot they give to numb you does not work for me. My body metabolizes the medicine within a minute or 2 and the “laughing gas” stuff also has zero effect on me. So, unless I’m sedated I know that I’m going to have to suffer through many many shots to get even a simple cavity filled. Well, my new dentist believes that he can work on me with a different kind of medicine so that I won’t have to feel everything. I’m terrified though. I’ve been told this before and once they got started and it wasn’t working, I had no choice but to finish. I know I’m overreacting here, but I don’t know if I can force myself to go through with it! Being sedated to fill a simple cavity is very hard on the body, so I WANT to be able to do this. I have every intention of going when I schedule an appointment, but I keep chickening out! My anxiety is through the roof right now :(
Sassy Southern Wife & Mama & follower of Jesus

DDwife

Re: Anxiety

Post by DDwife » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:38 am

I understand. I had a bad experience when I was little and bad docs in the past 2 years. It does make anxiety worse when you are constantly second guessing if you can trust this new Dr or not.
Desiring Discipline to help me change!

TheGoodWifeLife

Post by TheGoodWifeLife » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:54 am

Update: I’ve made it to the dentist! In the waiting room biting my nails now 😬

sweetie

Post by sweetie » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:55 am

TheGoodWifeLife wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:54 am
Update: I’ve made it to the dentist! In the waiting room biting my nails now 😬
All the best. 🍀
sweetie x
Please inform MrsSweetie, my HoH, if I'm in any way impolite, disrespectful, inapproptiate, or cause any offence

MyLove

Post by MyLove » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:59 am

Praying that things go smoothly for you! Please let us know how it went.

-ML💕
Led in love by Phil04, and learning to submit by the Grace of God. Naturally submissive, but not perfectly so, I am praying for a pure heart and virtuous character. 💕

femalefirefighter

Post by femalefirefighter » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:10 pm

TheGoodWifeLife wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:24 am
Ok y’all, I’m really struggling this morning. I’m supposed to go in for a dentist appointment in an hour and a half. I’ve already cancelled and rescheduled TWICE. I have had some terrible experiences in dentist chairs! The shot they give to numb you does not work for me. My body metabolizes the medicine within a minute or 2 and the “laughing gas” stuff also has zero effect on me. So, unless I’m sedated I know that I’m going to have to suffer through many many shots to get even a simple cavity filled. Well, my new dentist believes that he can work on me with a different kind of medicine so that I won’t have to feel everything. I’m terrified though. I’ve been told this before and once they got started and it wasn’t working, I had no choice but to finish. I know I’m overreacting here, but I don’t know if I can force myself to go through with it! Being sedated to fill a simple cavity is very hard on the body, so I WANT to be able to do this. I have every intention of going when I schedule an appointment, but I keep chickening out! My anxiety is through the roof right now :(
Oh dear you are NOT overreacting!!!! I’m the same way. The shots DON’T work on me st all and the last cavity I had took 14 shots!! Dentist told me I am only like the 4 th pt he’s ever had that has this condition and he dreads seeing me because he knows he’s going to cause me a LOT of pain. I’ve never had a good experience. Since I’m allergic to the gas, I can’t even have that to relax!! It got to the point where I had to start taking Valium before each visit and someone has to drive me there and back. It still takes a ton of shots and still hurts, but I’m at least more relaxed!! I’m praying for ya chickie!! 🙏🏻🙏🏻

FFF👩🏻‍🚒
I’m a sassy, strong, intelligent, and at times stubborn, fun loving proud southern wife, mama and Firefighter 👩🏻‍🚒. Married to a wonderful, intelligent, strong, fun loving southern man!! Proud Southern by birth, and saved by the grace of God!!

DDwife

Post by DDwife » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:48 pm

it will work out. You took the first step, being there. Next just breathe :) You're doing great.
Desiring Discipline to help me change!

Sassyclouds

Post by Sassyclouds » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:03 pm

I hope I'm doing this right... Good luck!! I fear the dentist too omg!! I have 2 cavities to be filled next month. (I am a complete chocoholic lol) Thank goodness the shots work on me!! I'm on that Keto diet now. My husband is too. He gets so mad if I cheat. I was getting spanked for that-not anymore. He goes back & forth on having DD. Uuggghhhhh!!!!
I'm Sassy. After 19 yrs, married 18yrs with kids, my husband moved out 12-31-18. He told me we our separating and he moved out an hour later. We had a DD marriage for over a year but, without consistency. It was my idea. He didn't really want it.

TheGoodWifeLife

Post by TheGoodWifeLife » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:04 pm

I made it through! They tried shots and numbing gels a few times but they didn’t last long (as usual). I decided to tough it out. I was getting a filling and my gums cleaned. They scrape out between your gums and teeth and it’s supposed to prevent gum disease. I wasn’t numb for most of it, but it really wasn’t that bad either. Thanks for the support y’all!! I needed some encouragement and I knew I’d find it here 😊

fogcity

Post by fogcity » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:30 pm

I just take a few drugs on my own and I'm zoned. Works for me