MLB thread

All other things! Cat memes are okay, too.
sweetie

MLB thread

Post by sweetie » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:36 am

It’s probably somewhat late in the season now we know the AL and NL qualifiers for this year’s World Series but if there’s any baseball fans on here I’d love to talk Major League Baseball during the Workd Series...
sweetie x
Please inform MrsSweetie, my HoH, if I'm in any way impolite, disrespectful, inapproptiate, or cause any offence

sweetie

Re: MLB thread

Post by sweetie » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:26 pm

I guess my favourite author Stephen King is going to be very happy after the Boston Red Sox won the World Series. Much as it pains me to say this as a Yankees’ fan, it looks like Boston were the best team in baseball this season by some distance and there proved to be no surprise in the post season.
sweetie x
Please inform MrsSweetie, my HoH, if I'm in any way impolite, disrespectful, inapproptiate, or cause any offence

sweetie

Post by sweetie » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:13 am

I haven’t really followed the MLB this season but have just checked the end of regular season standings.

What happened to Boston? The Red Sox were so dominant last season, I’m astonished they finished third behind the Yankees and the Rays!
sweetie x

SweetPea611

Post by SweetPea611 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:40 pm

I loooove Steven King.

My dad is a Yankees fan, so I gotta be loyal 💙

Beast

Post by Beast » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:12 pm

Braves have been my team ever since I knew what baseball was. Glad they are back winning the pennant! I loved watching Chipper play he was always my favorite. Go Braves!!!
“Every Beauty Needs Her Beast To Protect Her From Everything But Him”

StrapHater

Post by StrapHater » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:07 pm

Excellent!! Another Braves fan on here!! Was there for Sid Bream's slide. I still believe Greg Maddox is the greatest starting pitcher to have ever played for the Braves... and I miss the days we had Sit Down, Shut Up, and Go Home as our relievers and closer.

Sorry... had to come back and list their real names: Eric O'Flaherty, Jonny Venters, and Craig Kimbrel.
Last edited by StrapHater on Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flrswats

Post by Flrswats » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:35 am

I have a feeling the Yankees might win it all this year. They have pretty deep, young pitching with some heavy hitting bats. They’re gonna tough to beat. I’m from Texas so I should be rooting for the Astros but I’m a Texas a Rangers fan and they haven’t been to the post season in a number of years.

Beast

Post by Beast » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:38 pm

StrapHater wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:07 pm
Excellent!! Another Braves fan on here!! Was there for Sid Bream's slide. I still believe Greg Maddox is the greatest starting pitcher to have ever played for the Braves... and I miss the days we had Sit Down, Shut Up, and Go Home as our relievers and closer.

Sorry... had to come back and list their real names: Eric O'Flaherty, Jonny Venters, and Craig Kimbrel.
The Atlanta Braves has the best starting rotation in baseball. Greg Maddox, Tom Glavine, Steve Avery, and John Smoltz. Not to mention the reliever Mark Wholers.

sweetie

Post by sweetie » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:23 pm

Beast wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:38 pm
The Atlanta Braves has the best starting rotation in baseball. Greg Maddox, Tom Glavine, Steve Avery, and John Smoltz. Not to mention the reliever Mark Wholers.
Was that the same Atlanta Braves team that had Chipper Jones?
sweetie x

Beast

Post by Beast » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:24 pm

sweetie wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:23 pm
Beast wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:38 pm
Was that the same Atlanta Braves team that had Chipper Jones?
Absolutely, him along with Javy Lopez, Fred Mcgriff, David Justice