NFL thread

All other things! Cat memes are okay, too.
sweetie

Re: NFL thread

Post by sweetie » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:09 pm

OK TheGoodWifeLife and FFF, I feel I can say this now. The team I follow (sort of, if you can call it following from this side of the pond) are the Dallas Cowboys. Over here, they were known as America’s Team and I kind of liked that.

It’s just been announced there’ll be four NFL games in London next season - two at Wembley and two at the new White Hart Lane (if they get it finished in time).
sweetie x
Please inform MrsSweetie, my HoH, if I'm in any way impolite, disrespectful, inapproptiate, or cause any offence

TheGoodWifeLife

Post by TheGoodWifeLife » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:22 pm

sweetie wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:09 pm
OK TheGoodWifeLife and FFF, I feel I can say this now. The team I follow (sort of, if you can call it following from this side of the pond) are the Dallas Cowboys. Over here, they were known as America’s Team and I kind of liked that.

It’s just been announced there’ll be four NFL games in London next season - two at Wembley and two at the new White Hart Lane (if they get it finished in time).
I think it’s awesome they’re scheduling games over there now too! I didn’t know the Cowboys were called America’s team, but I like that 😉
Sassy Southern Wife & Mama & follower of Jesus

sweetie

Post by sweetie » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:44 pm

TheGoodWifeLife wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:22 pm
sweetie wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:09 pm

I think it’s awesome they’re scheduling games over there now too! I didn’t know the Cowboys were called America’s team, but I like that 😉
Maybe they’re not called that in the USA lol :D
sweetie x
Please inform MrsSweetie, my HoH, if I'm in any way impolite, disrespectful, inapproptiate, or cause any offence

sweetie

Post by sweetie » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:29 pm

Is the Super Bowl always played on a Sunday?

I’m seriously thinking about taking the Monday after off work so that I can watch it live on UK TV in the early hours of the morning and then sleep in afterwards. It’s been a fair few years since I last did that.
sweetie x

MrsSweetie

Post by MrsSweetie » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:45 pm

sweetie wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:29 pm
Is the Super Bowl always played on a Sunday?

I’m seriously thinking about taking the Monday after off work so that I can watch it live on UK TV in the early hours of the morning and then sleep in afterwards. It’s been a fair few years since I last did that.
Oh... well try not wake me sweeitie when come bed bout what time something like 5amish x
Head of Sweetie household

TheGoodWifeLife

Post by TheGoodWifeLife » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:51 pm

Yep, it’s on Super Bowl Sunday :) I’m with ya mrs sweetie lol I always fall asleep during NFL games and they end way before morning! Usually wake up a few times to my husband yelling at the refs or celebrating a touchdown too lol
Sassy Southern Wife & Mama & follower of Jesus

sweetie

Super Bowl (was: NFL thread)

Post by sweetie » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:27 am

Super Bowl date

Hi,

Question: Is the Super Bowl scheduled for Sunday 3rd February this year? I’ve decided I will watch it live so I’ll be taking the Monday afterwards off work to sleep in. Want to make sure I book the correct Monday off.

I’ve been catching a few NFL games on TV over here and have also discovered that on catch-up TV, Sky Sports do condensed highlights of the live games they show. I’m loving it :D although I need to be careful as I get into trouble with my wife if I hog the TV too much watching sports but she’s been doing a lot of photography editing lately so hasn’t been watching that much TV.

Seen two Dallas Cowboys wins, including a surprise victory - at least it surprised me - over the New Orleans Saints (who were 10-1 at the time).
sweetie x

sweetie

Post by sweetie » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:53 am

Just five words:

Dak Prescott, Ezekiel Elliott. Defence.
sweetie x

sweetie

Post by sweetie » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:03 am

The NFL resumes this weekend and, I understand, it’s the 100th NFL season!

From across the pond, I’ll be rooting for the Dallas Cowboys. Let’s go, Cowboys, let’s go!
sweetie x

NateG

Post by NateG » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:43 am

Sweetie,

Dallas might have a good team this year. I'm a lifetime Steeler fan. I'm expecting a really good year for us too, now that we no longer have the Prima Donna to contend with...good as he was.

Nate