NFL thread

All other things! Cat memes are okay, too.
TheGoodWifeLife

Re: NFL thread

Post by TheGoodWifeLife » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:22 pm

sweetie wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:09 pm
OK TheGoodWifeLife and FFF, I feel I can say this now. The team I follow (sort of, if you can call it following from this side of the pond) are the Dallas Cowboys. Over here, they were known as America’s Team and I kind of liked that.

It’s just been announced there’ll be four NFL games in London next season - two at Wembley and two at the new White Hart Lane (if they get it finished in time).
I think it’s awesome they’re scheduling games over there now too! I didn’t know the Cowboys were called America’s team, but I like that 😉
Sassy Southern Wife & Mama & follower of Jesus

sweetie

Post by sweetie » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:44 pm

TheGoodWifeLife wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:22 pm
sweetie wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:09 pm
OK TheGoodWifeLife and FFF, I feel I can say this now. The team I follow (sort of, if you can call it following from this side of the pond) are the Dallas Cowboys. Over here, they were known as America’s Team and I kind of liked that.

It’s just been announced there’ll be four NFL games in London next season - two at Wembley and two at the new White Hart Lane (if they get it finished in time).
I think it’s awesome they’re scheduling games over there now too! I didn’t know the Cowboys were called America’s team, but I like that 😉
Maybe they’re not called that in the USA lol :D
sweetie x
Please inform MrsSweetie, my HoH, if I'm in any way impolite, disrespectful, inapproptiate, or cause any offence

sweetie

Post by sweetie » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:29 pm

Is the Super Bowl always played on a Sunday?

I’m seriously thinking about taking the Monday after off work so that I can watch it live on UK TV in the early hours of the morning and then sleep in afterwards. It’s been a fair few years since I last did that.
sweetie x
Please inform MrsSweetie, my HoH, if I'm in any way impolite, disrespectful, inapproptiate, or cause any offence

MrsSweetie

Post by MrsSweetie » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:45 pm

sweetie wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:29 pm
Is the Super Bowl always played on a Sunday?

I’m seriously thinking about taking the Monday after off work so that I can watch it live on UK TV in the early hours of the morning and then sleep in afterwards. It’s been a fair few years since I last did that.
Oh... well try not wake me sweeitie when come bed bout what time something like 5amish x
Head of Sweetie household

TheGoodWifeLife

Post by TheGoodWifeLife » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:51 pm

Yep, it’s on Super Bowl Sunday :) I’m with ya mrs sweetie lol I always fall asleep during NFL games and they end way before morning! Usually wake up a few times to my husband yelling at the refs or celebrating a touchdown too lol
Sassy Southern Wife & Mama & follower of Jesus

sweetie

Super Bowl (was: NFL thread)

Post by sweetie » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:27 am

Super Bowl date

Hi,

Question: Is the Super Bowl scheduled for Sunday 3rd February this year? I’ve decided I will watch it live so I’ll be taking the Monday afterwards off work to sleep in. Want to make sure I book the correct Monday off.

I’ve been catching a few NFL games on TV over here and have also discovered that on catch-up TV, Sky Sports do condensed highlights of the live games they show. I’m loving it :D although I need to be careful as I get into trouble with my wife if I hog the TV too much watching sports but she’s been doing a lot of photography editing lately so hasn’t been watching that much TV.

Seen two Dallas Cowboys wins, including a surprise victory - at least it surprised me - over the New Orleans Saints (who were 10-1 at the time).
sweetie x

sweetie

Post by sweetie » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:53 am

Just five words:

Dak Prescott, Ezekiel Elliott. Defence.
sweetie x

sweetie

Post by sweetie » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:03 am

The NFL resumes this weekend and, I understand, it’s the 100th NFL season!

From across the pond, I’ll be rooting for the Dallas Cowboys. Let’s go, Cowboys, let’s go!
sweetie x

NateG

Post by NateG » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:43 am

Sweetie,

Dallas might have a good team this year. I'm a lifetime Steeler fan. I'm expecting a really good year for us too, now that we no longer have the Prima Donna to contend with...good as he was.

Nate

Phil04

Post by Phil04 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:58 am

sweetie wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:03 am
The NFL resumes this weekend and, I understand, it’s the 100th NFL season!

From across the pond, I’ll be rooting for the Dallas Cowboys. Let’s go, Cowboys, let’s go!
Sweetie,
Being that you are not native to the US, and obviously have been exposed to faulty information that has influenced your selection of teams.

Nate,
You have no such excuse. Straighten up man and fly right.

Phil <-- TEXANS all the way (and Oiler fan before that).