NFL thread

All other things! Cat memes are okay, too.
domesticdiscipline
Site Admin

NFL thread

Post by domesticdiscipline » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:49 am

Who saw the super bowl? This year, it was incredible!

kgirl

Re: NFL thread

Post by kgirl » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:35 am

I'm not a Patriots fan, but that was the best superbowl I've ever seen. What a comeback!

Lizziebeth

Post by Lizziebeth » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:51 pm

I agree! It was incredible! Very intense!

Weingarten

Post by Weingarten » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:02 am

kgirlw wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:35 am
I'm not a Patriots fan, but that was the best testosterone boosters superbowl I've ever seen. What a comeback!
Anyone here ever been to ana actual game?

sweetie

Post by sweetie » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:07 am

It’s been a few years since I followed the NFL closely but we can now get it in the UK on Sky TV. I’ve obviously missed a few things...

When and why did the San Diego Chargers become the Los Angeles Chargers?

I thought that would be three LA teams but, no, the Raiders are now the Oakland Raiders, was that just a name change or have the Raiders relocated on the other side of the bridge?

And the Houston Oilers are now the Houston Texans, I assume that’s just a name change?

Thank you in advance if you follow the NFL and can shed some light on things for me...

The Los Angeles Rams (didn’t they move to St. Louis and then move back?) are leading the way with the only 6-0 record.
sweetie x
Please inform MrsSweetie, my HoH, if I'm in any way impolite, disrespectful, inapproptiate, or cause any offence

Phil04

Post by Phil04 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:13 pm

You have been out of the game a while if you are asking about the Oilers. The Oilers became the Tennessee Titans, and the Texans were an expansion team. Oakland moved and the are now across the bridge from San Francisco, although the ate talking about moving to Vegas. Also Chargers only recently moved to LA.

Phil04

Lauren

Post by Lauren » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:16 pm

How about those Packers? :lol:

sweetie

Post by sweetie » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:33 am

Phil04 wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:13 pm
You have been out of the game a while if you are asking about the Oilers. The Oilers became the Tennessee Titans, and the Texans were an expansion team. Oakland moved and the are now across the bridge from San Francisco, although the ate talking about moving to Vegas. Also Chargers only recently moved to LA.

Phil04
Yes I would definitely say so, Phil. When I actively followed the NFL there were 28 teams and I could’ve named them from memory. Two conferences, three divisions in each, two with five teams and one with four. How many teams are there now? 32ish? I notice it’s neat divisions of four teams consistently, I think.

Since I got into MLB I didn’t follow the NFL anywhere near as closely but did look out for the Super Bowl each year and occasionally stayed up late into the early hours of the morning to watch it.

I know about the Carolina Panthers and the Tennessee Titans, but had assumed they were both expansion teams

And yes, of course, I’d geographically confused myself, Oakland is over the bridge from San Francisco, I’d thought it was a bridge from L.A. yesterday for some reason.

Thanks for the updates.
sweetie x
Please inform MrsSweetie, my HoH, if I'm in any way impolite, disrespectful, inapproptiate, or cause any offence

TheGoodWifeLife

Post by TheGoodWifeLife » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:37 pm

sweetie wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:33 am
Phil04 wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:13 pm

Phil04
Yes I would definitely say so, Phil. When I actively followed the NFL there were 28 teams and I could’ve named them from memory. Two conferences, three divisions in each, two with five teams and one with four. How many teams are there now? 32ish? I notice it’s neat divisions of four teams consistently, I think.

Since I got into MLB I didn’t follow the NFL anywhere near as closely but did look out for the Super Bowl each year and occasionally stayed up late into the early hours of the morning to watch it.

I know about the Carolina Panthers and the Tennessee Titans, but had assumed they were both expansion teams

And yes, of course, I’d geographically confused myself, Oakland is over the bridge from San Francisco, I’d thought it was a bridge from L.A. yesterday for some reason.

Thanks for the updates.
Honestly, I’m seriously impressed that someone from the UK knows so much about American sports! I support the Titans (of course) and my husband’s a KS City Chiefs fan (he was affiliated with that team for awhile when we lived there). My brother’s a huge Cowboys fan. I know nothing other than how those teams are doing lol
Sassy Southern Wife & Mama & follower of Jesus

femalefirefighter

Post by femalefirefighter » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:45 pm

Gotta support those Titans and the Cowboys!! Titans cause well they are in TN where I’m originally from and the Cowboys cause Dak is QB there and he’s from MSU Hail State!!😁😁. Other than those two, I really don’t keep up with anything NFL but definitely do college and the SEC!!

FFF👩🏻‍🚒
I’m a sassy, strong, intelligent, and at times stubborn, fun loving proud southern wife, mama and Firefighter 👩🏻‍🚒. Married to a wonderful, intelligent, strong, fun loving southern man!! Proud Southern by birth, and saved by the grace of God!!