Outlander - the series (Spoiler alert - read at your own risk))

All other things! Cat memes are okay, too.
Tess
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:35 pm

Outlander - the series (Spoiler alert - read at your own risk))

Post by Tess » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:09 pm

Just wondering if anyone here has seen the Outlander on Netflix? I love the power struggle and dynamics of the main characters, and how the cultural differences becomes so clear. Anyone want to share their thoughts? :)

Joshua89
Posts: 635
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:13 pm

Re: Outlander - the series (Spoiler alert - read at your own risk))

Post by Joshua89 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:30 pm

I'll have to check it out! I believe I saw a season of it at target and almost picked it up!!
Ephesians 5:25 - Husbands love your wife just as Christ loved the church, he gave up his life for her.

Tess
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:35 pm

Re: Outlander - the series (Spoiler alert - read at your own risk))

Post by Tess » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:57 am

Joshua89 wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:30 pm
I'll have to check it out! I believe I saw a season of it at target and almost picked it up!!
Do that! I think you'll like it :) Let me know what you think if you see the series..

User avatar
NateG
Posts: 806
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:34 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Outlander - the series (Spoiler alert - read at your own risk))

Post by NateG » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:37 pm

We both love watching Outlander. Great Series. I liked the spanking scene of course...too bad he promised not to do it again...

Tess
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:35 pm

Re: Outlander - the series (Spoiler alert - read at your own risk))

Post by Tess » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:00 pm

NateG wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:37 pm
We both love watching Outlander. Great Series. I liked the spanking scene of course...too bad he promised not to do it again...
I know right!?! Lol! I thought I'd sink through the floor though - I felt so awkward! Haha.. Only because we saw that episode the very next day after we picked up the dd dynamics for the first time again in a long time, without having put so many words to it, only his belt. And it kind of caught me off guard when what we have to hide so carefully was displayed so openly on screen! Lol..

We love the show though! She does settle in and submits in a lot of other ways throughout the series though, and it's kind of interesting to follow her journey.

User avatar
NateG
Posts: 806
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:34 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Outlander - the series (Spoiler alert - read at your own risk))

Post by NateG » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:31 pm

Yes, you are right, she does submit pretty well overall...but definitely takes a stand often too.
The first time I knew anything about Outlander was on a 12 hour trip to Ohio and I was driving with my daughter and her husband. They brought the audio CD's and we listened to much of it on the trip including the spanking scene which I thought was great, but awkward with just the 3 of us in the car. And Then we watched the series and they were with us again!! lol....I'm pretty sure my wife "nswife" felt the same as I did, but we couldn't show it much. lol

Tess
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:35 pm

Re: Outlander - the series (Spoiler alert - read at your own risk))

Post by Tess » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:26 pm

NateG wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:31 pm
Yes, you are right, she does submit pretty well overall...but definitely takes a stand often too.
The first time I knew anything about Outlander was on a 12 hour trip to Ohio and I was driving with my daughter and her husband. They brought the audio CD's and we listened to much of it on the trip including the spanking scene which I thought was great, but awkward with just the 3 of us in the car. And Then we watched the series and they were with us again!! lol....I'm pretty sure my wife "nswife" felt the same as I did, but we couldn't show it much. lol
Hahaha, I laughed so hard at reading this! I have no idea how I'd react if I ever had to see that with my parents!! Lol.... How did your daughter and son-in-law react though? Was it the first time they had heard the series? Suppose they were trying to get a discussion going? Just kidding ;) Haha.. Too funny!! Thanks for sharing that ;) And I agree, Claire definitively takes a stand often, and sometimes with such poor timing! Lol! I haven't seen the whole series yet, we're in the middle of season three.. Looking forward to the rest!

Nswife
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:01 pm

Re: Outlander - the series (Spoiler alert - read at your own risk))

Post by Nswife » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:31 pm

Nate's wife here. Our daughter and I had both read the book before we listened to it on tape so I didn't think much of it. Not sure what our son-in-law thought.

User avatar
NateG
Posts: 806
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:34 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Outlander - the series (Spoiler alert - read at your own risk))

Post by NateG » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:00 pm

I think we all kept watching without saying anything just like it was a normal everyday thing you see on tv. :) :)

Tess
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:35 pm

Re: Outlander - the series (Spoiler alert - read at your own risk))

Post by Tess » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:24 am

Nswife wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:31 pm
Nate's wife here. Our daughter and I had both read the book before we listened to it on tape so I didn't think much of it. Not sure what our son-in-law thought.
I guess it would have helped to have read the stories first. Goodness, I know I would have sat on the couch wondering if anyone could see it in my face that I'd be in Claire's shoes from time to time in that particular scene. Or maybe I would have made up an excuse right before to fetch some water or something to avoid the whole situation :lol: My dad told me they had seen the series at some point, that was before we had seen much at all. Lol. I'm glad we saw it separately. It's actually become a great bonding point for my husband and I in some way.

Post Reply