Overview of Daniel

All other things! Cat memes are okay, too.
Jacob HF

Overview of Daniel

Post by Jacob HF » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:49 pm

Hi Forum,

Welcome to the first in a series of threads on the Bible. I will be posting a new chapter/topic/thread once each weekend.

I know that this may not appeal to our non-Christian/Jewish friends here. Everyone is welcome to participate though.

I would like to request that these guidelines be followed in this thread:
  1. As usual all of the Forum Rules apply.
  2. Please do not enter into any debate or discussion about whether the Bible is true or not. That is a good topic, this just isn't the place for it. That includes any position related to Higher Criticism.
  3. Debate is encouraged but personal attacks are not.
  4. Discussion about the dating or authorship of a book is encouraged but only in book overview threads (like this one).
Without further ado, here is Daniel:
Before getting into Daniel I thought it might be good to spend a week looking at the book as a whole. Its origins, authorship, structure, etc.

Here are a few commentaries that I found on the web. I have not prescreened them. Please feel free to add others.

Commentaries/Introductions: Next week, and for most weeks, I will just post the text of the chapter we are talking about that week instead of a bunch of commentary links.

--Jacob

AmyJo

Re: Overview of Daniel

Post by AmyJo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:53 pm

Yay!!!!! This will be so fun. Thank you for taking the time to put this together for us. I look forward to learning and growing deeper with all of you 😊

Summer

Re: Overview of Daniel

Post by Summer » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:08 pm

Sorry I haven’t been participating in these threads.

According to my study Bible, the overarching theme of the book of Daniel is God’s sovereignty. This is an important theme because it allows us to trust that He is in control. Even when life seems to be up in the air and out of our control, as I’m sure Daniel and his friends must have felt, we can trust Him to have us in His hands.