Welcome to the first in a series of threads on the Bible. I will be posting a new chapter/topic/thread once each weekend.
I know that this may not appeal to our non-Christian/Jewish friends here. Everyone is welcome to participate though.
I would like to request that these guidelines be followed in this thread:
- As usual all of the Forum Rules apply.
- Please do not enter into any debate or discussion about whether the Bible is true or not. That is a good topic, this just isn't the place for it. That includes any position related to Higher Criticism.
- Debate is encouraged but personal attacks are not.
- Discussion about the dating or authorship of a book is encouraged but only in book overview threads (like this one).
Before getting into Daniel I thought it might be good to spend a week looking at the book as a whole. Its origins, authorship, structure, etc.
Here are a few commentaries that I found on the web. I have not prescreened them. Please feel free to add others.
- Matthew Henry Introduction
- A. R. Fausset Introduction
- Professor Joseph D. Wilson Introduction
- J. Vernon McGee Notes
- J. Vernon McGee Comments (Audio Version)
- NIV Introduction
- ESV Introduction
- David Malick Introduction
- TorahClass.com Introduction (Text and Audio)