How many Homeschool?

All other things! Cat memes are okay, too.
Summer

Re: How many Homeschool?

Post by Summer » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:55 am

Axel wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:50 am
Sounds great!
Is there a national curriculum in the US? Or for the respective States?
Over here there is a State prescribed curriculum; what the kids shall know, at each age. All schools, private or public, must follow that. Gives very little room for alternative subjects.
There have been attempts to standardize education in the US, but really the curriculum should be focused on what each individual child needs. Standardization is helpful for a general guideline, but reality is that each child is different and a course of study that builds on their strengths while filling in some weak areas is much better than spending the time to memorize all the presidents of the US (for example) just because a standard says so. Again, my personal opinion that may not be shared by others.

AmyJo

Post by AmyJo » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:55 am

Summer nailed it!!!!! We are a Christian family as well. We always felt God meant for the wife to teach their children. It is wonderful to hear more and more success stories! It’s getting to be more common in the states. We are surrounded by families that homeschool and they have been a blessing.

Summer I’m so happy for your daughter. It sounds like she is happy and successful In her life ❤️😃. What a blessing.

Axel… there are no standards like what you are thinking. The kids have to have certain number of classes to graduate. We as the parents can pick how to teach those classes.

Lauren

Post by Lauren » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:22 pm

I homeschool for several reasons.
First because Brandon and I want God at the center of our family's daily lives. Second reason is because families were meant to be a team. Dividing everyone on a daily basis hurts the family. Third reason is because my oldest was not getting the help she needed. They moved too fast for her. I can give each child the help they need and move at their pace. Fourth and my favorite: We are not restricted to a schedule!! We wake up later, we do field trips about what we just learned, whenever we want, we can skip a day if we need to and my children get to be around other children who have the same values as we instill in our children.

AmyJo

Post by AmyJo » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:29 pm

Exactly Lauren!!!!!

I think the three of us are in synch 😄❤️

Such wonderful to meet others that homeschool for the same reasons. Priorities!!!! 🙏

Summer

Post by Summer » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:33 pm

I totally agree. Always fun to find ways we are alike 😊.

NateG

Post by NateG » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:38 pm

If I had school age kids again, there is no way I would send them to public government schools. Homeschool all the way!!

Jacob HF

Post by Jacob HF » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:18 pm

Axel wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:50 am
Sounds great!
Is there a national curriculum in the US? Or for the respective States?
Over here there is a State prescribed curriculum; what the kids shall know, at each age. All schools, private or public, must follow that. Gives very little room for alternative subjects.
In most of the USA there are state standards but the details of the curriculum are determined by the a local school board or other school administrators if there is a different structure.

My state has detailed standards that must be followed by government schools, slightly less detailed standards for charter schools (privately-operated but government-funded). For private schools (including home schools) there are a few subjects that you are required to cover, but no requirement as to how you cover them.

--Jacob