Be my own Boss

All other things! Cat memes are okay, too.
leenicolelinn

Be my own Boss

Post by leenicolelinn » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:53 am

Anyone have suggestions for working for yourself? No boss. I am looking to get out of the craziness of the corporate world.

Nic
Learning sweet submission and respect through my Heavenly Father and my HOH Husband.

Flrswats2

Re: Be my own Boss

Post by Flrswats2 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:44 am

Find an industry that you can work for yourself but that’s also in high demand. Example; Insurance, Real Estate, Mortgages. Something that everyone needs. That way business is easier to attain. You will have to get Licensed to offer these products but it’s worth it not to have to be in the rat race that is corporate America. Wish you the best!

Summer

Post by Summer » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:45 am

I’m working through the Free Mama Movement course. No idea if this will pan out to be something lucrative, but she helps women become virtual assistants so they can work from home. The course is somewhat expensive (about $2k), so I wouldn’t have been able to do it had I not had some overage from my student financial aid (I’m a full time college student). She packs a lot into the course and provides great support in Facebook groups. I just wish I had more time to work on it (my college classes have been intense this summer) and was further along in it so I could tell you more.

Lauren

Post by Lauren » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:36 am

How much are you looking to make a month?

NateG

Post by NateG » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:13 pm

Yes, find something you enjoy and are good at. Look at what your interest are, as well as what talents you may have. This could be organization, marketing, crafts, making friends, painting, caretaking, driving...it is endless.

I have a business doing wine tastings and promotion. Not enough to quit my job yet, but it is growing now again. (after Covid)

I have a friend who quit her waitress job 8 months ago and all she does is sell her crochet designs on various social media sites.

Nate

leenicolelinn

Post by leenicolelinn » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:50 am

Flrswats2 wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:44 am
Find an industry that you can work for yourself but that’s also in high demand. Example; Insurance, Real Estate, Mortgages. Something that everyone needs. That way business is easier to attain. You will have to get Licensed to offer these products but it’s worth it not to have to be in the rat race that is corporate America. Wish you the best!
Real estate would be great right now wouldn't it. Missed that boat. Thanks for the suggestions firstwats.
Learning sweet submission and respect through my Heavenly Father and my HOH Husband.

leenicolelinn

Post by leenicolelinn » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:53 am

Summer wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:45 am
I’m working through the Free Mama Movement course. No idea if this will pan out to be something lucrative, but she helps women become virtual assistants so they can work from home.
I saw some of that while I was searching for home jobs. Summer let me know your progress and how that is working out. Thanks for the suggestion.

leenicolelinn

Post by leenicolelinn » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:03 am

Lauren wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:36 am
How much are you looking to make a month?
Lauren, about $4000 give or take. That is take home now. We could survive on less but that would be ideal and we would not have to change much.

leenicolelinn

Post by leenicolelinn » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:16 am

NateG wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:13 pm
Yes, find something you enjoy and are good at. Look at what your interest are, as well as what talents you may have. This could be organization, marketing, crafts, making friends, painting, caretaking, driving...it is endless.

I have a business doing wine tastings and promotion. Not enough to quit my job yet, but it is growing now again. (after Covid)

I have a friend who quit her waitress job 8 months ago and all she does is sell her crochet designs on various social media sites.

Nate
I have my list started of what I enjoy and am good at, which it seems is the same. I don't think I would make a good salesman, but I sure can drink wine!😀. Looks like your friend found her niche.
Thanks Nate.

NateG

Post by NateG » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:32 am

You are welcome! Good luck and let us know what you decide to go for.

Nate