Coronavirus ramblings

All other things! Cat memes are okay, too.
Miras

Re: Coronavirus ramblings

Post by Miras » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:42 am

Reciprocity sucks... Why it looks like that in my case, man must sometimes lose full-time job and later be quarantined in order to really sense creative energy in writing and purpose in life? On the other hand, it is just the way of the world, probably. I think losing the job was what forced Renoir to be a real painter, after all.
Occasionally friendly Spencerist guy
Faktor IV of MdI - Maghan
Unofficial member of The Wicked Tribe
Putting DD back into BuDDhism

SubJas

Post by SubJas » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:16 pm

To be honest, I have never once worried about the virus. My entire country is on lockdown till 3rd May. The thing is that I was supposed to join my first job(I'm a teacher)on 23rd March and that was the day this lockdown began. Joined on 1st April via mail. And online classes have been going on ever since. Between making presentations, assignments, staff meetings, preparation for classes there is no time left to worry about corona. I don't mind staying at home, I'm an introvert 🤷 This time is the perfect time for reading novels not I don't read them usually. I am addicted to novels. To an extent that I don't study just read novels. Don't know why I'm a teacher. Anddd I am blabbering now.
Jas

Miras

Post by Miras » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:34 am

I can´t believe I´m writing this, but I´m glad my boss called. I´ll go to the job again some days, the first time this Thursday.

Lauren

Post by Lauren » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:39 am

Miras wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:34 am
I can´t believe I´m writing this, but I´m glad my boss called. I´ll go to the job again some days, the first time this Thursday.
Congratulations

Miras

Post by Miras » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:50 am

Lauren wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:39 am
Miras wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:34 am
Congratulations
Thank you. One of my parents cats will be grateful. He likes to have my room for himself as long as it is possible.

Miras

Post by Miras » Tue May 19, 2020 3:42 pm

Except of hygienic measures, I am not affected by coronavirus atmosphere any longer and it is a happy time so far. My boss who was once delusional that I´m lying to her and tricking her, is now with me on the first name basis. Hope it will stand...

Cutie

Post by Cutie » Tue May 19, 2020 7:14 pm

Hi Everyone,

Hope that you are all safe and well.

I have been in isolation and am now shielding here in the UK due to health vulnerability since 17th March and have just been told that I should stay in lock down until the 30th June!! The whole thing is starting to get to me mentally. It is a scary situation the world is currently in and when you think about it (which I try not to) that some folk are asymptomatic, in other words they do not show the symptoms, get's me thinking if these people are not aware that they have the virus, go out and unknowingly affect someone, this virus will never go away :(.

I try to stay focused in my faith but cannot stop thinking if this is something to do with the way people have been treating this world, with the ozone layer, the way in which waste has been disposed etc. For those of you who are familiar with the bible and can remember The Plagues of Egypt which consisted of 10 different plagues.

Put this biblical story 'The Plagues of Egypt' alongside of what is happening now, I can only rightly or wrongly think that our current situation is a call for us to make changes in the way in which we are treating the world. After all, since COVID 19 here in the UK, we have seen cleaner air, animals appearing in locations they do not normally occur and unusual birds appearing and chirping loudly, would probably say a lot.

So I continue to try and keep myself busy and not watch news bulletins so frequently as I did at the beginning and try to remember what day it is :).

Stay safe, stay well everyone.

Cutie

Miras

Post by Miras » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:17 pm

OK, I have started the new job at the library and partially because of corona rules I am to sit alone in a large study hall and the librarian who is supposed to guide has yet to leave the quarantine. Work life is still not easy.

EDIT: I was tired yesterdayand had my annoying tendency to write gibberish, so I rewrote it a little.
Last edited by Miras on Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Olivia

Post by Olivia » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:33 am

New job, yay!!
Doesn't sound easy!, though, being paid to sit in a nice quiet place ;) -Hopefully he comes back from quarantine soon!!

Miras

Post by Miras » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:59 am

Olivia wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:33 am
New job, yay!!
Doesn't sound easy!, though, being paid to sit in a nice quiet place ;) -Hopefully he comes back from quarantine soon!!
Thank you, Olivia! I am doing my best to learn and the rest of the librarians are guiding me already. And it´s she, I am pretty much the only guy among the "harem" team.