Hugh Hefner

All other things! Cat memes are okay, too.
Tabitha

Hugh Hefner

Post by Tabitha » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:20 am

Thoughts on Hugh Hefner's life and legacy, anyone?

For me, the Playboy motto of women as "entertainment for men" seemed hilarious. Then I read a feature about the women who worked as bunny girls in the Playboy clubs, and how many of them suffered severe back and foot pain from the corsets and high heels they wore for long hours.

Also, the clubs operated a system of de-merits. Bunnies were fined if their costumes weren't worn exactly right (bunny ears at the wrong angle, bunny tail not properly maintained). So a very disciplined regime. And I suppose the men who visited the clubs enjoyed the fact that the "entertainment" was tightly controlled, both physically and otherwise.

Clint

Re: Hugh Hefner

Post by Clint » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:56 am

Tabitha wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:20 am

For me, the Playboy motto of women as "entertainment for men" seemed hilarious. Then I read a feature about the women who worked as bunny girls in the Playboy clubs, and how many of them suffered severe back and foot pain from the corsets and high heels they wore for long hours.

Also, the clubs operated a system of de-merits. Bunnies were fined if their costumes weren't worn exactly right (bunny ears at the wrong angle, bunny tail not properly maintained). So a very disciplined regime. And I suppose the men who visited the clubs enjoyed the fact that the "entertainment" was tightly controlled, both physically and otherwise.
I just saw he's dead... that's what happens when you're buried in work. Anyways, Hef was apparently way more obsessive than I thought!
Clint from Domestic-Discipline.net
How do you like the web site ? If you have any ideas or wishes for future posts, don't hold back!

darrone

Post by darrone » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:38 am

Tabitha wrote:

Fascinating to know just how strict the régime was in the clubs, and how controlled the Bunny Girls were. That said, I've always enjoyed images like these (and yes, I can imagine how back-pain would result from being squeezed into the satin corset for any length of time):

DDwife

Post by DDwife » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:23 pm

darrone wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:38 am
Tabitha wrote:

Fascinating to know just how strict the régime was in the clubs, and how controlled the Bunny Girls were. That said, I've always enjoyed images like these (and yes, I can imagine how back-pain would result from being squeezed into the satin corset for any length of time):
I just wanted to let you know that this photo may be offensive to some. I don't share photos for that reason. They are cute in the outfits lol
burning butt wife

SurrealSD

Post by SurrealSD » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:25 pm

Tabitha wrote:
For me, the Playboy motto of women as "entertainment for men" seemed hilarious.
The idea that women are entertainment for men makes me nauseous.
But first, have you tried sitting down with your partner and telling them honestly how you feel?

darrone

Post by darrone » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:50 am

SurrealSD wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:25 pm
Tabitha wrote:
For me, the Playboy motto of women as "entertainment for men" seemed hilarious.
The idea that women are entertainment for men makes me nauseous.
I've seen public situations where women enjoy being the focus of this kind of attention. Professional boxing shows are one example, when the high-heeled, scantily-clad "round-card girls" step into the ring every 3 minutes and parade around while holding up a sponsored board showing the number of the next round. There used to be a venue in California where spectators got to vote for their favourite girl in a "Miss Ringisder" contest, sponsored by Budweiser.

Tirzah

Post by Tirzah » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:04 am

Unless you know a lady personally and she has been truthful that she 'enjoys' this, then seriously I would say no, it is sexual exploitation of women and that's it. It feeds the lustful desires of people and is not ok

My views on this kind of thing are strong. I wont reply any more

SurrealSD

Post by SurrealSD » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:32 am

I used to box in my late teens and 20s. I was very grumpy that I never got ring card guys.
But first, have you tried sitting down with your partner and telling them honestly how you feel?

TheGoodWifeLife

Post by TheGoodWifeLife » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:36 am

SurrealSD wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:32 am
I used to box in my late teens and 20s. I was very grumpy that I never got ring card guys.
Excuse my ignorance lol, but what’s a ring card?
Sassy Southern Wife & Mama & follower of Jesus

SurrealSD

Post by SurrealSD » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:56 am

TheGoodWifeLife wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:36 am
SurrealSD wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:32 am
Excuse my ignorance lol, but what’s a ring card?
A big card that they hold up between rounds to show what round it is. It's maybe 18 inches or 2 feet tall and has a number printed on it. Scantily clad women hold the cards up to entertain the crowd.
Last edited by SurrealSD on Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.