Hugh Hefner

All other things
Tabitha

Hugh Hefner

Post by Tabitha » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:20 am

Thoughts on Hugh Hefner's life and legacy, anyone?

For me, the Playboy motto of women as "entertainment for men" seemed hilarious. Then I read a feature about the women who worked as bunny girls in the Playboy clubs, and how many of them suffered severe back and foot pain from the corsets and high heels they wore for long hours.

Also, the clubs operated a system of de-merits. Bunnies were fined if their costumes weren't worn exactly right (bunny ears at the wrong angle, bunny tail not properly maintained). So a very disciplined regime. And I suppose the men who visited the clubs enjoyed the fact that the "entertainment" was tightly controlled, both physically and otherwise.

Clint

Re: Hugh Hefner

Post by Clint » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:56 am

Tabitha wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:20 am
Thoughts on Hugh Hefner's life and legacy, anyone?

For me, the Playboy motto of women as "entertainment for men" seemed hilarious. Then I read a feature about the women who worked as bunny girls in the Playboy clubs, and how many of them suffered severe back and foot pain from the corsets and high heels they wore for long hours.

Also, the clubs operated a system of de-merits. Bunnies were fined if their costumes weren't worn exactly right (bunny ears at the wrong angle, bunny tail not properly maintained). So a very disciplined regime. And I suppose the men who visited the clubs enjoyed the fact that the "entertainment" was tightly controlled, both physically and otherwise.
I just saw he's dead... that's what happens when you're buried in work. Anyways, Hef was apparently way more obsessive than I thought!
Clint from Domestic-Discipline.net
How do you like the web site ? If you have any ideas or wishes for future posts, don't hold back!