Do dogs hold grudges?

All other things! Cat memes are okay, too.
spankedsarah

Do dogs hold grudges?

Post by spankedsarah » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:14 pm

It’s winter. Our dog was just stinky. She sleeps with the kids and she needed a bath. She’s a 55 pound rock solid bulldog/beagle (mostly bulldog) mix. She sheds. A lot. Bathing her clogs everything with hair. When warm enough I will wash her outside with warm water. She has no issue with that. But today... I took her for the the second time in a year (last time being last winter) to the groomer up the street. She came home amazingly clean but man was she grumpy! She is almost human. Seriously. I could tell she was mad when I picked her up with my daughter. We got home. I opened the van door and she marched straight into the garage and stared at the door knob to go inside. We opened the door and she went on the floor in the family room and just laid there. She ate dinner and snuggled with a few family members some, but not the same. (I think) I am laying in one of the kids beds with them watching iPad/writing this and listening to an audiobook. (We multitask well) and the dog up against us cuddled. But I still think she is annoyed and holding a grudge.

I brought it up to the kids. My daughter assured me that dogs would never and could never be angry at their families. They are pack animals and we are her pack.

I think the dog is holding a grudge. She could just be tired. But I think she is none to happy to have endured a spa. Hopefully she wakes up happier.

Am I nuts?

Emily

Re: Do dogs hold grudges?

Post by Emily » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:35 am

I'm sure she'll be fine after getting some love and attention and maybe a few treats. When I was living at home with my parents we had two dogs who would both sit and sulk for a while after being given a bath, but they soon got over it.
Happily married to the most wonderful and loving guy! 💖💖💖

Olivia

Post by Olivia » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:11 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: your daughter is too cute! My pup holds a grudge, sulks... the whole nine! But yes, quickly gets over it with love, kisses and treats!

Beauty

Post by Beauty » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:54 am

Lol not nuts. Our Lab will hold a grudge for about 1/2 a day
Happy to be taken in hand by my Beast

spankedsarah

Post by spankedsarah » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:58 pm

She is over it. She woke up her old self. I was so surprised she held a grudge but I am certain she was annoyed.