Question for the Ladies

All other things! Cat memes are okay, too.
whisk32

Question for the Ladies

Post by whisk32 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:12 pm

Has any other lady had to deal with their ol' man having an affair... or in this case a "fling." Did you ever gain back trust? Was it easy to forgive? How long does the hurt linger?

sweetie

Re: Question for the Ladies

Post by sweetie » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:38 am

whisk32 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:12 pm
Has any other lady had to deal with their ol' man having an affair... or in this case a "fling." Did you ever gain back trust? Was it easy to forgive? How long does the hurt linger?
I hope this doesn’t mean what I think it means, whisk32. My best wishes to you.
sweetie x
Please inform MrsSweetie, my HoH, if I'm in any way impolite, disrespectful, inapproptiate, or cause any offence

fogcity

Post by fogcity » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:27 pm

well its simple. You squeeze his balls until he squeals. If he strays again, you tell him that you will rip them off.

s

Lauren

Post by Lauren » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:05 pm

What is the difference between an affair and a fling?

whisk32

Post by whisk32 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:27 am

it's been two weeks today... still hurts like hell.

Lauren

Post by Lauren » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:36 am

Are you two doing anything about it? Talking, counseling, anything?

AddyJane

Post by AddyJane » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:58 am

I have not, but I have a good friend who co-wrote a book with her hubby about forgiveness and restoration within marriage. They now lead a very well known couples conferences... if you would be interested in something from a faith-filled perspective I can send you the title.
Sorry you are having to experience this betrayal. Not fair, not easy.
whisk32 wrote:

Goldilocks

Post by Goldilocks » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:22 am

whisk32 wrote:
I saw this happen with my neighbors. It is possible to trust and forgive If there is TRUE remorse and total forgiveness. And the willingness to do the work that needs done to fix it.
My nieghbors went to counseling and it worked. I realize it doesn't work for all but, I wouldn't cross it out.

I would think my husband wasn't sincere and would feel like he was justifying or making excuses by calling it a "fling" . Because that is down playing or minimizing his actions.
Last edited by Goldilocks on Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Loving submissive wife to PapaBear.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:46 am

So sorry that you are having to go through this. People earn your trust over time. When that is shattered in seconds, by an affair, then rebuilding it is hard. I believe my emotions went from hurt and shock, to anger and meanness, before I ever got to the thought of should I forgive or trust. One moment I was fine, the next, I'm on the floor crying. It can be an emotional rollercoaster of hell, that you didn't ask to ride. However, you will get through this. You are the only one that knows your exact situation. It will take time, but you will figure out what is best for you. Sending you hugs and prayers.

Goldilocks

Post by Goldilocks » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:19 pm

Shannon wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:46 am
So sorry that you are having to go through this. People earn your trust over time. When that is shattered in seconds, by an affair, then rebuilding it is hard. I believe my emotions went from hurt and shock, to anger and meanness, before I ever got to the thought of should I forgive or trust. One moment I was fine, the next, I'm on the floor crying. It can be an emotional rollercoaster of hell, that you didn't ask to ride. However, you will get through this. You are the only one that knows your exact situation. It will take time, but you will figure out what is best for you. Sending you hugs and prayers.
I am so sorry you Both went through this and or going through it. 💜
Loving submissive wife to PapaBear.