Off-topic exercise thread

All other things! Cat memes are okay, too.
MyLove

Off-topic exercise thread

Post by MyLove » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:49 pm

So Phil and I recently started doing a bodyweight circuit exercise routine together. I haven't worked out in probably 3 years. Four?? I've never been consistent with exercise, but now Phil has a pretty reliable way of ensuring this new habit sticks. :| (It's not officially a rule that I must exercise, but I could see it becoming one. Hoping to prevent that, which is why I posted it in the off-topic section.) I The recommendation was that absolute beginners complete three rounds of:

20 bodyweight squats
10 push ups
20 walking lunges – 10 each leg
10 dumbbell rows (using a gallon milk jug or another weight)
15 second plank
30 jumping jacks

I managed one circuit on Sunday, and my legs are in such pain! I cannot remember. How long does the pain tend to last? Am I going to hurt like this after every workout? Is it unwise to do the same thing tonight, and power through the pain? I can, but am not looking forward to it. Any words of advice or encouragement for this newbie?

-ML πŸ’•
Led in love by Phil04, and learning to submit by the Grace of God. Naturally submissive, but not perfectly so, I am praying for a pure heart and virtuous character. πŸ’•

Beauty

Re: Off-topic exercise thread

Post by Beauty » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:26 pm

When first starting back into a excersise routine it’s always painful. I find if I had a really good workout or upped the weights it’s acctually day two that makes me extra sore. Try to aim for 3/4 days a week. Starting out and trying to do it everyday would get frustrating and you can be more prone to getting hurt. Also your muscles need to heal. If your legs are hurting then do an upper body workout the next round or maybe 30 min fast walk to stretch them out. If you can try to workout before the afternoon. Walking about and doing daily chores helps loosen the muscles after a workout. If you workout and then sleep soon after you will be much more sore the next day. I try not to let more than at most two days go by without a workout of some kind because then it almost feels like having to reset my mind into making it routine again. Hope that helps some!
Happy to be taken in hand by my Beast

Phil04

Post by Phil04 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:53 pm

MyLove wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:49 pm
So Phil and I recently started doing a bodyweight circuit exercise routine together. I haven't worked out in probably 3 years. Four?? I've never been consistent with exercise, but now Phil has a pretty reliable way of ensuring this new habit sticks. :| (It's not officially a rule that I must exercise, but I could see it becoming one. Hoping to prevent that, which is why I posted it in the off-topic section.) I The recommendation was that absolute beginners complete three rounds of:

20 bodyweight squats
10 push ups
15 second plank
30 jumping jacks

I managed one circuit on Sunday, and my legs are in such pain! I cannot remember. How long does the pain tend to last? Am I going to hurt like this after every workout? Is it unwise to do the same thing tonight, and power through the pain? I can, but am not looking forward to it. Any words of advice or encouragement for this newbie?

-ML πŸ’•
No need to worry. I would never make a rule to force you to do your exercises. Unless of course you need extra encouragement to get them done. :twisted: :twisted:

Phil

MyLove

Post by MyLove » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:56 pm

Thanks, Beauty. That is very helpful!

-ML πŸ’•
Led in love by Phil04, and learning to submit by the Grace of God. Naturally submissive, but not perfectly so, I am praying for a pure heart and virtuous character. πŸ’•

kgirl

Post by kgirl » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:12 am

20 bodyweight squats
10 push ups
15 second plank
30 jumping jacks

-ML πŸ’•
Hi ML!
Strummer just brought back the workout rule a few weeks ago. Apparently I used to be in much better shape. He is starting out light, so the workout is very similar to yours. This is the first time S included lunges and my legs were sore! I agree with Beauty's advice, you have to work up to it. Just like a spanking (LOL!...sorry. ;) ) you should include a warm up. Start with jumping jacks and stretches. Make sure you have a cool down period afterward including stretches and walking. After a few weeks you can increase your workout.

My hubby is in great shape and is a weight lifter. He is very motivated, unlike me. He makes me workout and his rules include no moaning, complaining, or any kind of attitude during the workout. If I do I get spanked. He will never make me workout when Aunt Flo comes to visit. I hate her!

I'm actually helping or at least trying to help my other dd friend workout. It is much lighter than mine, and we do it together over the phone. Much easier to workout with a friend. Only done it a few times, since she isn't very dedicated just yet. Gotta give her credit though for trying. It's hard to start working out after not doing it for so long. She is even eating better. :)

Good luck ML! Would love to hear how you're doing with it. :)

-Kgirl

Goldilocks

Post by Goldilocks » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:24 am

kgirl wrote: ↑
Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:12 am

20 bodyweight squats
10 push ups
15 second plank
30 jumping jacks

-ML πŸ’•
Hi ML!
Strummer just brought back the workout rule a few weeks ago. Apparently I used to be in much better shape. He is starting out light, so the workout is very similar to yours. This is the first time S included lunges and my legs were sore! I agree with Beauty's advice, you have to work up to it. Just like a spanking (LOL!...sorry. ;) ) you should include a warm up. Start with jumping jacks and stretches. Make sure you have a cool down period afterward including stretches and walking. After a few weeks you can increase your workout.

My hubby is in great shape and is a weight lifter. He is very motivated, unlike me. He makes me workout and his rules include no moaning, complaining, or any kind of attitude during the workout. If I do I get spanked. He will never make me workout when Aunt Flo comes to visit. I hate her!

I'm actually helping or at least trying to help my other dd friend workout. It is much lighter than mine, and we do it together over the phone. Much easier to workout with a friend. Only done it a few times, since she isn't very dedicated just yet. Gotta give her credit though for trying. It's hard to start working out after not doing it for so long. She is even eating better. :)

Good luck ML! Would love to hear how you're doing with it. :)

-Kgirl
Ok..PapaBear lost 10pounds.i am officially dedicated. Tried to do stretches this morning. Been eating better all week. I am determined now!
Loving submissive wife to PapaBear.

MyLove

TRIGGER WARNING- Eating disorder: a little of my story

Post by MyLove » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:31 am

Thank you so much for your encouragement, Kgirl and Goldilocks.

While I have never been a big exercise person, we started DD after about a year of letting myself go. Self-care was barely on my radar at all. After the birth of my second baby, he had eczema, which went away completely when I eliminated gluten, dairy, and soy from my diet. I lost the baby weight quickly, and looked pretty good, but I was doing it to help him, not to benefit myself. I looked ok, but was not in shape, nor motivated to be in shape. When my youngest weaned, small indulgences turned into major reliance on convenience foods, which snowballed into the mess I'm in now. With my history of disordered eating, I don't know or need to know my exact weight. I am trying to ease into a fitness routine, keeping a sharp eye out for obsessive thoughts, because I know fitness is another way for an eating disorder to manifest itself. I don't want my history to be an excuse to do nothing, though, or base my actions on fear of a relapse. Phil has been so faithful to ask pointed questions, and monitor my weight loss in such a way that I don't see the actual number. DD has actually been so helpful as I'm learning to make small, steady progress, and balancing self-discipline with the occasional indulgence. Moderation is difficult for me.

Disordered also involves lying and deception. A LOT of it. Our DD lifestyle is a safeguard against that, too, and I am so grateful!

As far as progress goes, we decided to give it one more day for the soreness to lessen, and I will get that workout in before it gets too late in the day, and with enough time for a proper warm up and cool down. I'm thinking during my youngest's nap time.

-ML πŸ’•

MyLove

Post by MyLove » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:44 am

Phil04 wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:53 pm

No need to worry. I would never make a rule to force you to do your exercises. Unless of course you need extra encouragement to get them done. :twisted: :twisted:

Phil
Thank you, Sir. I'll do my best to make you proud. πŸ˜‡

-ML πŸ’•

Goldilocks

Re: TRIGGER WARNING- Eating disorder: a little of my story

Post by Goldilocks » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:30 pm

" With my history of disordered eating, I don't know or need to know my exact weight. I am trying to ease into a fitness routine, keeping a sharp eye out for obsessive thoughts, because I know fitness is another way for an eating disorder to manifest itself. I don't want my history to be an excuse to do nothing, though, or base my actions on fear of a relapse. Phil has been so faithful to ask pointed questions, and monitor my weight loss in such a way that I don't see the actual number. DD has actually been so helpful as I'm learning to make small, steady progress, and balancing self-discipline with the occasional indulgence. Moderation is difficult for me.

Disordered also involves lying and deception. A LOT of it. Our DD lifestyle is a safeguard against that, too, and I am so grateful! "

Good Luck ML! I dont think the disorder will rear its ugly head. Your own level of self awareness will keep it at bay. Trust yourself. You Got This!
Loving submissive wife to PapaBear.