#givethanks

All other things! Cat memes are okay, too.
Firmand

#givethanks

Post by Firmand » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:16 pm

The healing power of Gratitude

As we all struggle at times in so many ways, and could often do with those soothed feelings which always come with a renewed sense of perspective, and in response to the prophetic and apostolic call to "In every thing give thanks" (1 Thes 5:18), I would like to open this thread by sharing on an ongoing basis some of the many blessings that I am thankful for, and invite you all to contribute, so that we can strengthen, inspire, uplift and generally cheer one another up in these challenging times.

Just a few of mine to kick us off:

I am grateful for my beloved friends and family near and far, on both sides of the veil of death, for their kindness, service, example...and sense of humour!

I am grateful for the peace of solitude at the end of the busy day, and for quiet reflection which invites personal revelation and the remembrance that I am loved.

I am grateful for my internet router, which I would have had to take approx. 95 squillion years to invent and develop if some kind souls had not already done so.

Finally for tonight, I am grateful that I appear to be marginally less daft than yesterday, and may be even better tomorrow, if I choose to make the effort and have hope in a brighter day. Progress! 8-)

What stuff are you grateful for?
Last edited by Firmand on Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forgive my errors...and any and every good thing comes from Him whose loving Almighty hand can guide even me, through His Holy Spirit, and His Son my Saviour Jesus Christ:

"In him was life; and the life was the light of men."(John 1:4)

AWE_1993

Re: #GiveThanks

Post by AWE_1993 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:52 pm

Cliché but I thank for that and donate myself to that whenever I can every single year.

I'm grateful for every meal that covers my stomach, I'm grateful for every cloth that covers my body, I'm grateful for every feeling that covers my heart and I'm grateful for every god that covers my soul and spirit.

May our family be grateful for yours as well.

Olivia

Post by Olivia » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:23 pm

That's all beautiful!!

Firmand

Post by Firmand » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:07 pm

Amen to that! And thank you both for your kind thoughtful replies.

What stuff are we all grateful for?
Forgive my errors...and any and every good thing comes from Him whose loving Almighty hand can guide even me, through His Holy Spirit, and His Son my Saviour Jesus Christ:

Firmand

Re: #givethanks

Post by Firmand » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:59 pm

I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who has given us the day and the night...that when evening falls I can reflect and in sleep, get rest from a busy brain and mad world...and perchance dream beautifully and awake with joy to His latest gift to me, the new day.

I am grateful for kind and caring and courageous souls who in sharing their ups, downs, struggles and questions, remind me that I am not alone on the ocean of life.

I am grateful for my moral agency, that I can choose, and that I can change, if I want to

I am grateful for the banana, for how well it does it's job of being all...banana-y.

What stuff are you all grateful for?

Olivia

Post by Olivia » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:05 am

:lol: :lol: I can't write it as nicely as you do but I have been very blessed and you got me thinking about all the things I have been blessed with

Firmand

Post by Firmand » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:37 am

Awww you can so Olivia you know you can :D bless your heart, wishing y'all a great Sunday!

AWE_1993

Post by AWE_1993 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:53 am

Olivia wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:05 am
:lol: :lol: I can't write it as nicely as you do but I have been very blessed and you got me thinking about all the things I have been blessed with
Oh Olivia :lol:
I'm completely sure that however you choose to word you thankings or even if you choose not to do it, in your heart your gratefulness is just as beautiful as anyone else's.

Olivia

Post by Olivia » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:53 pm

Thank you both, that is very kind of y'all to say!

Firmand

Post by Firmand » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:55 pm

I am grateful for humble and kind people, they are so easy to be around.

I am grateful that I have a bed to sleep in, and a roof over my head. I am rich.

I am grateful that I don' t live on the Sun. It would be kinda hot, especially during the day.

I am grateful for the falling autumn sun glowing red through the trees, reminding me of the beauty of familiar present things close at hand if I will focus, and the possibility of brighter things ahead if I will dream and hope and pray and try.