Can't sleep, what do you do?

All other things! Cat memes are okay, too.
KrystalA

Re: Can't sleep, what do you do?

Post by KrystalA » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:53 am

Kerry, sounds like you have insomnia. Melatonin sadly doesn't help me.

However, I got back on my special medication and for the past 2 nights, I've been sleeping well!!

nicolelinn45

Post by nicolelinn45 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:48 pm

Not sure how old you are however women have many sleeping problems starting in the 30's because hormones start to drop off. Maybe a little progesterone/estrogen will help. Progesterone is FANTASTIC for sleep and anxiety and it is natural hormone. You can PM me if you would like more information. I am an RN I like the natural way to fix our female issues.

Nic
Learning sweet submission and respect through my Heavenly Father and my HOH Husband.

KrystalA

Post by KrystalA » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:11 pm

nicolelinn45 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:48 pm
Not sure how old you are however women have many sleeping problems starting in the 30's because hormones start to drop off. Maybe a little progesterone/estrogen will help. Progesterone is FANTASTIC for sleep and anxiety and it is natural hormone. You can PM me if you would like more information. I am an RN I like the natural way to fix our female issues.

Nic
I'm 34 and yes my hormones have lowered greatly due to health issues, menopause being one. What is progesterone?

KrystalA

Post by KrystalA » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:12 pm

nicolelinn45 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:48 pm

Nic
I'm 34 and yes my hormones have lowered greatly due to health issues, menopause being one. What is progesterone?

nicolelinn45

Post by nicolelinn45 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:45 am

[/quote]

[/quote]

Progesterone is the hormone that prepares your uterus for menstruation and ovulation. When that gets low you will see a change in your periods. nice side effect of progesterone are: calms and protects your nervous system, decreases anxiety, depression, insomnia and mood swings. Breaks down fat into energy, decreases craving for carbs and sweets. Reduces breast tenderness mostly caused by higher level of estrogen.. Helps form new bone tissue. Increases your good cholesterol and decreases bad cholesterol, maintains blood sugar levels. If you don't take progesterone with estrogen you will most likely bleed; progesterone prevents bleeding. That is why most prescriptions are little of both hormones.

To relate this back to the original subject about sleep. Progesterone will help you sleep if hormones are the issue so you don't have to figure out what to do when you can't sleep.

To relate this subject to DD. Men that are reading this; there is a reason why we women get a little 'crazy' once a month. Hormones play a huge role on how we act and our emotions throughout the monthly cycle. And when we are going thru 'the change' double or triple that.

Feel free to contact me PM if you wish.

Nic
Learning sweet submission and respect through my Heavenly Father and my HOH Husband.