How To Find A Domestic Discipline Community near me? For friendship and support?

Important threats will be linked here.
kgirl

Re: How To Find A Domestic Discipline Community near me? For friendship and support?

Post by kgirl » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:39 pm

Northeast Ohio

Dolcevita

Re: How To Find A Domestic Discipline Community near me? For friendship and support?

Post by Dolcevita » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:13 pm

Hi Clint.

I feel I'm a little late to the party so to speak but I think the idea of this forum is fab!
I'd love to spend some quality face to face time with other DD couples but fear I'd struggle to find any in England - do you know of any on the site?

I feel this is the one & only downside of DD - that it is still seen as 'Taboo' so can be fairly isolating
You can be gay straight bi into S&M or anything else for that matter
However express an opinion that a woman should be subservient to her man - and wow it's akin to child abuse!
So little understanding or tolerance

I don't judge other peoples' relationships so I don't understand why our practising DD doesn't engender some support especially with all the comments we now receive about how happy are relationship has become
So we stay silent 🙁

Other women especially seem to find the subject particularly abhorrent. I raised the subject very casually (not admitting I was part of this movement obviously - as I no wish to become a social outcast) recently with a group of girl friends. My goodness you should have heard the extreme reactions & vitriol. Anything from letting down the sisterhood to questioning the woman's mental state of mind ie you couldn't possibly be an intelligent woman & be in such a relationship without being insane!
The sad thing is that if people were more open minded & we were able to discuss it openly I'm certain so many of our friends coukd benefit from it

Even my 20 year old daughter is scathing towards me (not that she knows about our relationship obviously!) . She is very sassy & although has commented how much calmer & happier I seem & that all rows between me & her father have ceased she seems somehow resentful.
The other day she said to me 'What the hell is wrong with you. You never question Daddy anymore. Are you turning into a Stepford Wife or something?' !!! Yet previously she always said how she hated us to argue all the time!!

I think we'll move across the pond! 😏

Kate

Post by Kate » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:08 am

Dolcevita, you are not alone! I wouldn't dare to tell any of my friends. None of them would understand. Most would be appalled, and some might call the police.

I am not abused, and I would not change a thing!

Kate

ann

Post by ann » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:09 pm

I would love to find another couple to connect with, but most entering DD are younger than us. We are 45 and 49 and have been practicing for over 5 years. It has done amazing things for our 20 plus years of marriage. We are in Georgia.

Britd

Post by Britd » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:31 am

socal and open to meet other couples :)

Nikki

Post by Nikki » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:10 am

I'm totally down for meeting people in the Raleigh, North Carolina area. I've made a few contacts in other areas of North Carolina, southern Virginia, eastern Tennessee, and South Carolina.

Ross

Post by Ross » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:53 pm

Very eager to meet others, especially Christian singles, in the Phoenix, AZ area. I wonder if any other singles have found this site helpful. I understand that it has already provided a good community for couples.